1988 phazer mtn mod questions 16 year old NEED HELP!

phazerdeelux

Hello All
I have a 1988 yamaha phazer deluxe and I was going to overhaul/extend to 136 the sled this summer. I have some questions and was hoping i could get some help.
-Where is the best place to order new tie rods/steering components?
-Has anyone used the tss shim kit? How does it work?

-I know i have seen them for sale before but i lost the website. Where to purchase tunnel extension and or rail extensions for a gen 1 phazer?
-Anyone ever put on a riser and attached speedo to riser?
-Do any 136 skids from other sleds fit well into first gen phazers?
-Where to buy extended cables?
-Extended rear bumper, can it be bought somewhere or have to be fabbed homemade?
-Do any pipes specifically made for the phazer give off the jaws/mbrp/liquid cooled can type sound? If not has anyone ever put a different sleds pipe/can on a phazer?

Thanks in advance for all and any advice/help!

Hey everyone. I am new to the website and have recently decided to transform my '86 phazer into a more rider-forward and setup.

The changes I want to make are:

Plastic Skis - check
136" track and suspension swap
tunnel extension
shorten the seat
new custom built wider running boards
removable rear rack for when I go for long rides (to hold a fuel tank, cooler, etc.)
short windshield, I need help finding! :)
handlebar hooks
led bulbs
im probably forgetting something....

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/images/smilies/whine.gif !NEED HELP!http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/images/smilies/whine.gif
I have seen many pictures of Phazer builds, I really want to do risers.
Nothing crazy like 10 inches or anything, I only want to do like 3.5 or 5.

THE PROBLEM!
The stock cables wont allow for this to be done. I can only go 2 inches, any higher and the brakes apply when you turn...
can anyone please help me out and tell me how they made risers work on their phazers? or if anyone has any input id really appreciate it.

Thanks Guys For All Help!

Back