01 Sxr 700 Triple Tors ? Stator ? CDI? Not sure the issue

Meistern13

I recently picked up a 01 700 triple sxr on a trade deal. It starts right up and runs mint. The issue is it will not rev over 2500-3000 rpms.
I have bypassed the TORS as listed in other posts here. It is still doing the same thing. I have unplugged the wires by the carbs. I have hooked them together with no changes. I have unhooked the wires at the throttle block and used the key to start and stop and nothing changes.

I am not sure how far I want to dig into this sled. ? Any suggestions for me? I read a lot about rubbed through wiring in the fourms is that something that would cause this issue?

Clutch issues? Where should I be looking?

I hope this is enough info for everyone!

It's irritating when you have fuel spark compression and it runs.! I hate Electronics !

Thanks in advance!
Nick

Edit * Youtube video of it running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRhqv6kPJTs

hope this helps

Last edited:

Not a 100% sure but I think if TORS switch is bad in the throttle end even bypassed at carbs wouldn't matter.
Try reaching your hand down there and see if it will rev higher manually.

I just adjusted the slack in the cable so there is about 1 inch of play at the carbs and it still does it !

If the TORS switch is BAD in the throttle rocker you can have 10ft of slack in the cable and it will still do it. The TORS is a circuit that runs from CDI to carbs, to throttle, back to CDI. What TORS is supposed to do is identify when carb TORS switch is activated prior to throttle block switch. BAD switch = BAD signal. Does the pivot point slide back and forth?

If the TORS switch is BAD in the throttle rocker you can have 10ft of slack in the cable and it will still do it. The TORS is a circuit that runs from CDI to carbs, to throttle, back to CDI. What TORS is supposed to do is identify when carb TORS switch is activated prior to throttle block switch. BAD switch = BAD signal. Does the pivot point slide back and forth?

Yes the throttle lever pivots in and out to hit the sensor!
Is there a way to bypass the throttle block
I tried just unplugging it but that didn't change anything
Can I jumper 2 or 3 wires or ground them out ?
Anyone have a schematic !

Thanks for all the help and suggestions

I would find out what controls the tors switch. You said you bypassed the switch and it still does the same thing. I don't know what part of the system runs it but I would try and find out what does and where to look.

try holding the throttle lever at the pivot with one hand so it doesn't rock on the switch and give it throttle with the other hand

I have tried that and it did not change anything
I disconnected the plug at the throttle block and tried jumping it back to itself and that didn't work either I also tried putting the terminals to ground as well with no luck

At this point I am thinking cdi box unless someone can get me a schematic for tors wiring loop

Thanks again
Nick

Back