01 Sxr 700 Triple Tors ? Stator ? CDI? Not sure the issue

I didnt read thru all the pages but remove ur belt and try pulling track by hand. Can u get it to spin?

I have removed the belt a while back. all the bearings and track are free.

The sled starts and runs and idles great but will not rev over 3000rpms

What happens if you rev the engine at the carbs, not the handlebar? Def sounds like a tors issue. There is an adjustment screw on the underside of the throttle on the handlebar.

What happens if you rev the engine at the carbs, not the handlebar? Def sounds like a tors issue. There is an adjustment screw on the underside of the throttle on the handlebar.

If I grab the throttle cable at the carbs and make sure the actual thumb throttle does not move. It does the exact same thing.
I will check the adjustment screw on the handle bar as I have not seen one, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Thanks

I never tried to adjust mine, but I did note the adjustment screw on the parts diagram when I was looking for a thumb warmer. Tors is keeping the engine from revving. Since you had the switch at the throttle unplugged, it would seem there is a wiring issue, or maybe a bad cdi, but that seems less likely. I believe you can get access to the wiring diagram on factoryworkshopmanuals.com .

Well, I ventured out on the old Interwebs today and found a Wiring Diagram from a 2000 Srx600. I followed the TORS loop and the Black/Yellow wire runs through the whole system. I noticed at the Handle bar stop switch it ground it out. So I pulled the CDI out of the sled. I found the Black/Yellow Striped wire and I cut it and Soldered a piece of wire to it. I then Grounded that Wire to the CDI mounting stud. And Low and Behold the Sled Runs like a million bucks. So bypassing the TORS at the Carbs is not actually bypassing the whole SYSTEM !!!!!

I know all of you out there will bitch that I bypassed a so called safety feature. But I don't really care. The sled runs and I have never ridden a sled with all this bs anyway.

Thanks to those who helped.

Nick

"So bypassing the TORS at the Carbs is not actually bypassing the whole SYSTEM !!!!!"

That was my point, plugging wires back into them selves at carbs all your doing is bypassing the carb switch.

"So bypassing the TORS at the Carbs is not actually bypassing the whole SYSTEM !!!!!"

That was my point, plugging wires back into them selves at carbs all your doing is bypassing the carb switch.

Then why couldn't anyone tell me where else to bypass it ? Or post a schematic ?
Almost 99.9% of the posts on the internet say to bypass tors ... plug the two wires at the carbs together
That's not helpful !
You were on the right track but wish you could have expanded on your ideas

Thanks

I did say find out what controls the TORS. I just didnt have a wire diagram for you. Glad to hear its running. If you do sell it just let the other person know about the bypass.

Adding a safety tether would be a good idea now that tors is disabled. Glad to hear you got it running properly.

Then why couldn't anyone tell me where else to bypass it ? Or post a schematic ?
Almost 99.9% of the posts on the internet say to bypass tors ... plug the two wires at the carbs together
That's not helpful !
You were on the right track but wish you could have expanded on your ideas

Thanks

Keep in mind we don't know your mechanical ability. Cutting into wires can burn up CDI/stator and or harness and could lead to sled being a bon-fire.....could get expensive QUICK should you cut into and ground wrong wires. I personally would feel like a heel steering a guy in the direction that destroyed something or even made situation worse. I personally would have busted out the ohm meter and narrowed down the issue rather than cut into harness to bypass....just me.

Back