Rear Shocks

Garyauk

I have a 1999 V-Max SX 700 Triple. I am trying to find rear shocks for it but it seems every site I go to has shocks for every year, make and model around mine but not for the 1999. Does this year have shocks that are not standard or something? Are they different from what a 600 (same year, make and model) would take?

The front rear shock is steel body and appears that it may be rebuildable. The bigger rear shock is aluminum body and does not appear to be rebuildable. It appears yamaha has discontinued the front rear shock? Has anybody run into this problem? I just need the shocks not the springs, bushings etc. I can only find the bigger rear shock online and it goes for around $380. I only paid $700 for the sled so I would hate to plunk down $400 for one shock.

Shocks from other yamaha sleds will work, just as long as the center to center measurement is the same. Those shocks you mentioned from the 600 should work, just double check the length like I said

Does anyone know what the stock center to center dimensions are for the rear shocks? I bought the sled used and have no idea if they are the original shocks. I did measure them and the center shock is roughly 12" extended and the rear one is about 17" center to center. Both are 20mm mounting top and bottom (not counting bearings/bushings).

If you want new shocks for your ride. Ebay can surely help you out or even your local dealer, but expect to be pricey. Another is 4wheelonline. I believe they are on sale today.

Last edited:

Back