Could this have been the problem?

ridesrx

I was having an under-rev problem with my 2000 SXr600. Clutch setup is this-
8AB weights w/2.4 in first hole, tip empty
stock primary spring
51\43 Hauck helix, new belt, new green sec. spring wound to 80
Motor is stock. It only wanted to rev to 8000-8100 spinning the track.
Just for the heck of it, I took off the Bender silencer and the revs went back to 8400. Anyone else ever have this happen?

the aftermarket silencer lost you some hp, now with the stocker you have it back

kirkswim had this happen to his viper. had mbrp can on it and it would only pull 8100 rpm no matter how he set the clutch. put the stock one back on and voila!! holds at 8500 rpm all day and got his best top speed out of it too!

I am am going to adjust Main's story here. Stock and MBRP can with stock whieght reved 9100RPM,(on Viper) put in HC40-10 with red spring, 3.2gin tip and 4 in heel, adance edge 48/40 helix on secondary stock spring at 70degrees. MBRP can 8400RPM for 10km then after hat 8100RPM, put on stock can and 8400-8500RPM all day long. GPS says 103 MPH, same day 03 REV800 100MPH , and 05 F7 Snopro 98MPH same GPS. :WayCool:

Stock can or nothin :rockon:

politicaly correct

No need to apologize, truth be known, thats whats important.
I hate being politicaly correct anyway! Don't you?
It just means you care! Besides it's your freakin site anyway! LOL
Offended my :Moon:

tripplexxx- I was just messing around with Tom. I thought it was funny. That's why I commented on it. I was in the same mood he was I think! Sorry Sleddy! If it wasn't for this site to go to, I would be alot more grumpy. HA. HA. :beer:

Back