Strange Noise???

srx2002

ok, I have a strange noise ...sounds like it's coming from the Chaincase side...so I pulled the cover, checked bearings, Replaced the Chain, everything looks good....Noise still there....I'm not to sure...but it seems like the Brake disc could be the problem....anyone here experiencea worn " key " or out of round Brake rotor...I'm trying to isolate the problem before I spend my entire savings replcaing parts that arn't broke...LOL

TKS

P.S the Chain tension is good as well as the chain tensioner. Also check Track driver, shafts, suspension bearings..all seem fine

the noise is like a Grinding sorta chafing noise that pulsates...not there constantly..

I'm Baffled!!!!! :o|

change your belt. You wouldnt be the first person to tear into a chain case looking for a noise that was coming from a bad belt. Just something quick and easy to rule out. ===SRXSRULE===

I just had that same noise on my '02 and it ended up being the right side heat exchanger protector. The top rivet came out and the track was hitting it as it came around; banging it into my heat exchanger. It made quite a racket until I poured the speed on. I figured since the track was ballooning then, it held it firm into the exchanger causing the noise to go away. Check to see if either one of them are loose. It could be the culprit.

Jon

Back