Rewinding a stator

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
After talking to a guy locally here and bsing about our sleds we finally got onto the topic of locally available rebuilding services and one of the things he told me was he had to change the stator on his Mach Z last season.This got me to thinking about doing this kind of work because at the moment there's no place to take one to be done and I do some electronics work on the side.Has anyone ever tried to rewind a burnt or otherwise bad stator before? I can't imagine that it would be terribly hard to do,there's just a matter of getting the correct gauge wire,insulation and a coating or varnish to put back on the completed job.I have soldering equipment for doing electronics now,I am trained to do troubleshooting and repair in tv's and older vcrs and such so this kind of work isn't new to me.I would certainly like to try doing one to see if it's something that I can get materials to do here or not.

Nobody localy could do mine. The wire is just so fine and not a matter of doing if by hand or the winding tools on hand. Ended up buying one off of a member on the site. There are a couple sleds being parted out in the classifieds now

Back