getting her dialed in

roudyroy1

my 2001 sxr 700 has been stock for long enough.... time for some fun.

as the title says im looking to get it dialed in. i would like to start with re gearing it as i have herd about on these sleds. what gear ratio can be run with a 70 link chain?

Drop one tooth still works with stock chain 8df weights Stock 4.5 inner 3.6 outer and a 51/43 helix with green spring 70-80 deg

I did reed spacers and am planning on boring the silencer... How much louder is it? I don't want to do the head gasket because of questionable fuel when ridding far north.

you can do the head gasket mod just do two layers instead of three and you are still in a very safe place for even questionable fuel cause u only would be taking out 10 thousands of an inch so you will have no concern with questionable fuel. so i would definately do it and boring the silencer sounds amazing too and gives you a few hp now where did you get your reed spacers from and how much did you get them for?

you can do the head gasket mod just do two layers instead of three and you are still in a very safe place for even questionable fuel cause u only would be taking out 10 thousands of an inch so you will have no concern with questionable fuel. so i would definately do it and boring the silencer sounds amazing too and gives you a few hp now where did you get your reed spacers from and how much did you get them for?

We were out in -40 last year, and when your 200km from a large town you don't know what your getting for fuel. so the head gasket and jets will stay stock for peace of mind. Silencer will be done, I'm just worried about how loud it will be. I made my own reed spacers out of aluminum plate. Just traced the gasket and scrolled it out with a jig saw. Took a while to do. Royal distributing sells them.

Back