Skid bearings

Cooper0809

I was taking out my skid to replace sliders and check out the w arm and thought might as well do the bearings in all the wheels. I'm just wondering if all the bearings are the same size. I've never replaced them so I'm not too sure.

my w arm cracked in 3 spots and pretty well fell apart in hands! No idea how it stayed together or how long it was like that for.

image.jpg (74.6 KB)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 13

Go to partzilla.com. look up under your model and year. Should be able to see what they are and if they are in stock. Also part numbers.

I re-enforced the w-arms on my 2 sleds many years back and have not developed any further cracking at all.I also carry 2 spare ones(also re-enforced) in case I may need them.Better get that thing fixed or replaced and strengthen it up at the same time.

Wow that's a failure! Good thing you caught it. I braced both of mine on my sleds because of cracking. I think I have a diagram some where if your interested.

I've figured out what bearings I need, now I'm having troubles trying to get these wheels off to change the bearings.

image.jpg (70.0 KB)
image.jpg (84.9 KB)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 7
I remove the c-clip behind them wheels and bang the wheels off the bearings.Then I take a puller and pull the bearings off and replace and install wheels and c-clip.Works real good.

I just take the little cap off the shaft, take a rubber mallet and start hammering the end of the shaft. The bearing hits the outer tube and the shaft slides out of the bearing. Not pretty but it works.

Back