My Track is Junk,,

ran an ice ripper on my 05 war for 3 seasons. it did loose a few studs on it but they did no harm before i scrapped the track from lost lugs.

Thanks, That looks like a nice track as well. I was wondering if they shedded studs, I was wondering if the small studs themselves were constructed in a manner where they are "bridged" together and Then molded into the track while its being made, or if they are single studs molded into the track, or press fitted into the lugs.

if it were me i would buy a 1.352 camoplast cobra. i bought one for my 97 sx vmax last year and i love it. they are great for groomed trail and if you ever wanna break off trail and get into some deeper snow they are great for that too. they are a all around awesome track

With your stock 9 tooth drivers that you have in it now......
1. 1 inch track with 1.175 studs
2. 1.25 track w/o studs
3. 1.5 inch track with heat exchange protectors removed.

I have removed the protectors on 2 out of the 3 Yamahas I have owned.
I just installed a 1.25" track on my vmax 700, on recommendation that it could be done with no mods. I'm sad to report that it is rubbing a lot. The rubbing is worst at the front of the tunnel. Am I missing something? What is my best option to make this track work with the stock 9T drivers? Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12An151e0Dg90hoEI2EaF0AV52di5hqHs?usp=sharing

you have to notch it out for the tunnel protectors or be prepeared for a lot of rubbing until it wears in. my 01 sx500r had no issue but i bought a track someone already put into an srx and trimmed. brothers sx viper, it did touch on the ripsaw we put into it but we just let it wear in as we could still rotate it by hand. seen guys use nippers to trim the track out to clear the stud protectors.

It's not studded, wasn't planning to stud in the near future because I didn't want to downsize drivers to 8T. Looks like my options are to trim 1/4"+ off the lug where it rubs (which would be harder than trimming a ripsaw) or remove the tunnel protectors, or cut 1/4" off the tunnel protectors somehow. I was thinking id just trim the lugs but at the same time I might prefer not to cut apart my new $700 track.

I would either remove the tunnel protectors if you aren't going to run studs or the simpler way would be to just notch 1/4' out of only the lugs that come in contact with the tunnel protectors...as already suggested.

I would either remove the tunnel protectors if you aren't going to run studs or the simpler way would be to just notch 1/4' out of only the lugs that come in contact with the tunnel protectors...as already suggested.
It's only every 3rd lug, so not a crazy amount of work. What is the best technique to use for trimming them, the rubber is pretty thick in that area.

What are the cons to trimming the lugs or pulling the tunnel protectors? I already see that there are no front heat exchanger protectors.

Back