Reed cage bolt size

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I'm looking to order a helicoil set to fix the stripped threads of a couple of reed cage bolt hole but my sleds are still in storage and can't remember the size.Can someone get the bolt size for me so I can order the correct inserts? This is for an SRX.

6mm x 1.00

This is very common alot of times instead of heli coil the holes I will just use longer socket head(aalen) bolts in them go 2mm longer and there will be good threads, its up to you.

The bolts that came with my vForce reeds were too short to hold the coils on and stripped the first 2 threads off (it was all they were grabbing). On a red head the holes are open and I got long bolts that the tip is a few threads sticking out, I know I wond have any problems that way.

6mm x 1.00

This is very common alot of times instead of heli coil the holes I will just use longer socket head(aalen) bolts in them go 2mm longer and there will be good threads, its up to you.

Yeah I already had used longer bolts in them but the threads were kind of screwed up further in too so I tapped them to standard thread but it's a pain in the arse to keep swapping back and forth between standard and metric wrenches and keeping the bolts separate.

Back