Risers

Teamyamaha13

Looking to buy some risers for my viper. Can i buy pivot risers and just bolt them in just like the non-pivot ones(i know they won't pivot) or is it a different width for the holes. Just cant find the right size risers i want that are non-pivot.

What size riser did you want? They make them the same size as the pivot ones.. You can use the 2 peice pivot risers and put a peice of 7/8" pipe in the stock bar clamp and go from there.

7" of rise with the stock bars will be VERY high. Also if your going that high you will want a pivoting riser because a block will put the bars to far back. Just for reference i ran a 8" riser and rsi backcountry bars and for me being 6'2" it was a couple inches to high. Running 8" total rise now and its perfect.

Youl need to buy longer cables and brake hose. Youl lose your parking brake. Most of the wires will be to short or to tight. If your gona do 6" its just as well to spend the extra $20 or so to get the pivoting risers to help get the bars forward.

If your using stock bars a 6" riser would be crazy high. You would look like you have ape hangers on them when riding sitting down. For best results on stock bars 3-4" would be enough unless your 7 foot tall. Any higher then 3" and you need new brake and throttle cables. Most guys switch to RSI straight bars or apex bars then go with the pivot system. With that im running apex bars with powermadd pivot riser and 7" risers and this puts me about 1-2 inches above running stock bars and 3" block. Mine http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/threads/86904-Pair-of-vipers-go-144-quot/page12

another good one and no cable changes needed. http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/threads/82502-Viper-Riser-questions-need-help!

rsi pivitol adapter. rsi 8" riser, rsi backcountry bars, rsi hooks, pad, and extended heaters. Along with rsi braided cables and brake hose. Sold the whole setup and regretted it since. Il be getting same setup this year except a 6" riser instead of the 8"

i already have the extended cables and parking brake off i have 2 inch now and it was a big difference from stock just want more anyone know where i can find a cheap set of aftermarket bars

Back