1995 Vmax 4 with aeen quad pipes, need clutching suggestions

strick358

I have a 95 Vmax 4 800 that has aeen quad pipes on it, has stock weights, a what looks to be an all baby blue primary spring and black secondary spring with one silver dot. Jetting is stock also, I am having a issue with it falling down when you stab it off the line, I tried 2 different helix (51/43 and 42/36) and got pretty much the same result. Had the twist as high as 1-9 and as low as 1-6 with kinda the same results. Stock drive belt, and it sits about 3/16 of an inch on top of secondary, about a 1-1 1/4 belt deflection. It comes in right at 4400 rpm. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the bog? any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

strick is a good guy and I hope someone can give him a few opinions on what he can try. Thanks. Doug (roadrunner) on the vmax-4 forum.

strick that sounds like my clutch kit i posted years ago there. thats a hauck blue spring, which is correct. i assume you have stock weights which are 8bu but they need to have end rivet changed for 9000 rpm for the aaen quads. the silver dot spring is stock and correct. now the changes you made are correct, and should of helped. possibley your spring in secondary might be gased, it also could be carberation causing this. have you gone through carbs ? 3:16 (yammie tony)

Yammie tony, Thanks for the response. Sorry I didn't get back to the board sooner but I have been swamped with other Atv work. Yes, I did go through the carbs and the jetting is stock. Possibly a little a little to rich for running on grass at 50-65 degrees. I am going to take off the primary today and check the weights, I saw 2 rivits in the arms so I assume that they are stock and if they are I will change the outer rivet like you suggested. I have a lot of different secondary springs and I will check to see if I have another silver dot spring just to try and compare.

Back