Rivet comparo.............. steel/steel 3/16

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Ok for those that have the resources to find specs how do POP brand rivets stack up against the Stavex ones used at the factory by Yamaha?I know the Stavex ones are multi grip where POP aren't but strength wise are they comparable in the 3/16 size for chassis use?I've been meaning to get some Stavex rivets but never have but the POP ones are readily available and have used them when I run across an old one that has either come out or worn loose.

Whats with all the rivet talk on TY the last couple of days?? lol. I would stick with the multi grip, they seem to be alot stronger than the pop rivets and really don't cost that much more.

If I were you I'd order some. I got some off ebay the other day, 250 of them for around $15 pus what ever the shipping was.

The local ACE did not stock MULTI-GRIPS. The owner looked in the BIIIIIG catalog from the ACE warehouse and found them in there. Ordered them up and I had em the following week. He still doesn't stock them but at least I know where I can order locally.

sledtoyz aka crewcheif sells these rivits on his web site. very fast on the shipping as well as i usually had them in under a week at my mail box. i think i have used 250+ of these between 2 sleds so far this year.

Ok I live in sweden but I picked up these the other day. POP brand and fairly cheap . Haven't start using them yet but have test rivited and they look and feel the same.....as the ones I got from oft last season.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414616684123.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414616684123.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 5

Back