Remove studs from RX1?

tbarile

I have an '08 RX1 with studs. I attempted to use an old grain belt to drive in and out of the garage but it would simply get pushed under the sled until it was completely out so unfortunately my driveway and garage floor got tore up. I just built a new house and don't want it to happen again so I am probably going to remove them. Any issues with doing this? How difficult it is? Thank

no big deal to remove the studs but you could just get a set of dollies to push it around instead of having the studs on the cement...... I see your in angola, you could try a set of my dollies if you want to see how it goes.

I ripped the studs out of my srx and my friends sxr last year. It can be a pain if they're rusty, penetrating oil helps. I had some that I just couldn't get lose so I ended up cutting one side of the nut off, that took the tension off of the nut and they turned off easily. It took me a few hours to get them all but I think it was worth it, no more ripped up garage floor, driveway and trailer bed, and no more pull outs. If you have good tread on your track you really don't need the studs anyways unless you ride on ice alot.

no big deal to remove the studs but you could just get a set of dollies to push it around instead of having the studs on the cement...... I see your in angola, you could try a set of my dollies if you want to see how it goes.

I have dolleys to move my sleds around. It happens when I pull in and out of garage during riding season. My driveway has a bit of a slope so it would be impossible to put it in dolleys in the winter and push it up. Thanks for the offer though

Back