New sled or upgrade old one

Sxviperrules99

Hey guys, I have a 2002 sx viper. It is stock other than some clutching, an mbrp race can, and a 1.5 inch backcountry track. I am looking for more out of it and was thinking about purchasing some triple pipes for it and throwing in a polaris edge skid. Would these upgrades be worth it or should I just put my money towards a new sled?
Thanks,
Jacob

Depends on what you want. You can do a lot of nice upgrades to these vipers and have them ride pretty good. Are they a new viper? NO, but they are a ton of fun. Im still keeping mine going and continue to spend money on them for now. A new sled is in the future but have a few things to take care of first. Pipes and a new skid make them a lot of fun!!! Pipes and skid $500 - new viper $13000, fun on a good ol 2 stroke, priceless. LOL!!

Depends on what you want. You can do a lot of nice upgrades to these vipers and have them ride pretty good. Are they a new viper? NO, but they are a ton of fun. Im still keeping mine going and continue to spend money on them for now. A new sled is in the future but have a few things to take care of first. Pipes and a new skid make them a lot of fun!!! Pipes and skid $500 - new viper $13000, fun on a good ol 2 stroke, priceless. LOL!!

Good one.

Ok, Thanks Super1c. There is a set of PSI pipes for sale in my area. 400$ with jets. Would they be worth it?
Thanks,
Jacob

No, you'll want to get the SRX cooler for the back. Just bigger is all. If it was me, I'd do the Opticool head gasket and maybe even the SRX base gasket also. Then, from what I've heard..... save for some gas money.

Back