1999 VMAX SX 600 Triple kind of gutless bottom end

SXtreme33

as i go through corners and accelerate, i have to give it full throttle or over 5000 rpms. any thing under 5000 like 4400 or 4500 will just kind of sputter and make a really gutless sound. I guess i just expected the sled to be a lot more snappy than it is. It just bugs me. what do you think?

i just got the sled 2 weeks ago so it's all stock still. they guy that had it before me told me the engine and clutch has never been touched

SXtreme33 said:
as i go through corners and accelerate, i have to give it full throttle or over 5000 rpms. any thing under 5000 like 4400 or 4500 will just kind of sputter and make a really gutless sound. I guess i just expected the sled to be a lot more snappy than it is. It just bugs me. what do you think?

Sounds to me like your clutches aren'y backshifting properly, Probibly a worn belt. where does the belt ride on the secondary, the top of the belt should ride 1-2mm above the secondary clutch sheave.

I'll check it out after school. I've had a couple of guys tell me that, so that's probley it. thanks a lot.

check the clutch alignment and center to center, clean the clutches good, check for worn parts, put on a new belt AFTER you clean it good with hot soapy water. If this doesn't do it, try cleaning the carbs as well.

Back