My kid scores a nice deer!

mrviper700

VIP Lifetime Member
My 15yr old daughter put the smackdown on a nice 10 point today for youth gun season. We had a awesome day seeing 10 deer, with 5 of them being as close as 5 yards away from our tree stand. It was cold and raining but we stayed in the tree and she scored in the afternoon on this 10 point, she put it right into the boiler room, nice shot!

Its these times that makes your time with family really all that matters.

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 36
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 25

great job on sticking it out in the rain. Some hunters would have ran for dry land when it rains. I have to admit I am a little jealous.

got yourself a nice hunter there, nice trophy

yes, indeed you are right, I think the best part was having those deer in so close when we were both in the stand( double tree stand), I was whispering to her to watch the ones in close while trying to move the gun to aim at her target, and how the little ones or does will ruin the day if they bust you in the stand and blow and run. She did awesome and it was great practice. She didnt spook any of them although we both learned a lesson, we had out pack packs at the bottom of the tree and 3 out of the 5 saw those and they were stomping at them so from now on we are gonna put some brush over top of them.
She got the buck in the afternoon, I got out of the stand and did a small slow circle push walk around her at 200yds and the buck ran down the hill to her, she saw him 2 times, first time he was goin with his nose to the ground checkin for does about 50yds. She said she wasnt confortable with the shot so she let him go( I was proud of that). Second time, he came back up the hill and passed within 25yds of her, she stopped him with her mouth making a doe bleat and put it to him! I guess thats the greatest part she did it all on her own and she really has been learning over the years, its great to see your kid apply the skills you have been trying to teach them and come out with a nice buck like she got!
Anyone with teenage kids knows, sometimes your patience gets tested as you try to teach them something and it seems like they dont care or are not listening, I guess she was after all....lol!

Congrats. Memories made with your children are priceless. Glad to see you and yours are getting it done. Not enough of that goes on in today's world.

You should both be proud.

Nice trophy, Great!! smile..

opsled

Very nice! You can hunt for years and not see one that awesome.

My 20 year old shot a beautiful 9 pt. last Saturday on our Deer gun opener. It's at the taxidermist:)

Congrats to your daughter!!

Well, regular gun season starts in the morning, we shall see if I can 1 up the kids deer, she set a high mark...lol

thanx everyone for the comments she sure is proud as am I.

we did a euro mount on the head, as soon as I am done will post a pic of it.

Back