2010 Nytro xtx hard turning and controlling

Rockhoyle

I bought a 2010 fx nytro xtx 144 for this season. I recently put on 175 miles in a couple weekends. I am very new to this style sled. They say it takes a lot to get used to. Anyway I noticed it seems very hard to turn. Almost feels like I'm always on pavement. Is there something I can do to make it turn sharper and easier? Or is that just how they turn. I know on my old model ones they felt like they would turn on a dime. I am looking at a dual-keel skis. Would that help out with the turning? Or maybe adjusting front shocks. Idk. Please help!

It will most likely take a little time to set it up for how you like to ride. I had no problem with the Stock skiis hooking up once I did a little adjusting, but the Nytro XTX's tend to have heavy stearing once you get it to the point of biting in the corners. Also, If you havent had a fourstroke Yammi before, you will find that throttle control will greatly affect cornering bite. Once you plant the front end into a corner, you dont want to grab a handfull of throttle, ease into the gas. Kinda like riding an older Cat, if you grab to much throttle, you'll transfer too much and take the all the weight off the skiis.......
As for set-up, register on the our fourstroke site ( http://www.ty4stroke.com/ ) and do a little reading in the Nytro section. Lots of good info. Id start by pulling up the front limiter strap one hole from stock, and lowering the front end springs till your a-arms are closer to horizontal. This will help lower the center of gravity, but still keep decent pressure on the skiis. Also add a decent set of Carbide runners to the skiis, I personally like the Studboy Shaper bars.
Good luck
Sno

Check your Limiter strap, might have been tightened up too much. You will get more info for sure over at ty4stroke.

Back