union bay 944cc 14 to 1

dirtydawg

I found a mountain max all done out for racing. Runs on 100 octane.anyone know if i could detune a 14 to 1 compression engine to run on 94 pump gas?this thing is a monster.ive never seen a union bay billet motor till now. Can i even work on this thing if i did buy it?

sure you can detune it, just open up(machine work) the head domes and the compression will be lower and be able to run pumpgas in it.

Anyone know much about the 944 triple?
Was it a bolt on kit or a complete drop in motor?

Don't know much but using the search feature here and on Google its a big bore kit. From what I found they don't make them any more. Buying a full on race sled to detune parts they no longer make doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Does anyone on this site own or ever owned a union bay 944?ive read every thread but still have some questions about reliability clutching etc.

Went and picked up the monster max today. This is one tricked out sled.fox shocks front and back. Holtz trailing arm and rear linkage.drop and rolled custom tunnel bar riser with with racepak avenger 3 gauges ,team secondary. And that one piece billet 944cc is a thing of beauty.runs awesome .100ll fuel and 14 to 1 compression.

Last edited:
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Looks like a pretty good find. What's compression on a stock sled and could he find a thicker head gasket to run pump gas?

used to be around 185. The latest is somewhere in the 210-215. I know where 3 are. One is built, the first generation way and the other two are new mono blocks waiting for a new home.

Back