sx rollers ...smaller ...bigger????

yammy

Ive got a problem that has me a lil stumped. I recently put 14.5 mmrollers in my sx 700 from the stock 15s . Now my rpms have increased 500 on shift out. I always thought that the bigger the roller the higher the shift out .Why does mine do the oppisite. Am I wrong in my thinking?anyone?

Last edited:

yammy said:
Ive got a problem that has me a lil stumped. I recently put 14.5 mmrollers in my sx 700 from the stock 15s . Now my rpms have increased 500 on shift out. I always thought that the bigger the roller the higher the shift out .Why does mine do the oppisite. Am I wrong in my thinking?anyone?

Is that the only change that you made? If so are you sure that the rollers you installed are of the proper diameter?

You are right in your assumptions so it is difficult to give an expaination especially with so little info. Check your center to center and offset on the clutches. Don't forget a worn belt can raise rpm's.

Thanks guys for the replys ,I think i found out what was goin on....when i replaced my track i put the lower gear in backwards( a very stupid mistake , but an easy overlook) and the chain was riding up on the the cogs instaed of down in.. thus changing the ratio of the gearing, thats probably why i had lost my top end too. and snaped a chain which busted my casing! Oh well, ...live and learn....live and learn!

just need to make sure that when you make clutching changes that you only change one thing at a time. Hope you found your problem, but that seems to be a big difference.

By the way the roller sizes make a difference. The smaller the roller the more effect the fly weights have. You would run lower if everything else was the same by just changing the rollers.

thats what he said, he put in smaller rollers and the rpms actually went up, so he is trying to figure out why that is. Weird things happen sometimes.

an interesting note to you guys....Super torquers tow speed weights...well Super torquer claims the rollers work in the opposite direction on top...this is breaking my head,,,,a bigger roller bringing down full shift rpms? something to do with the "hammer" part of the weight...yamaholic...you selling me those 14.5's or am I ordering new...as you can see I need them...lol

Back