Wide powder skis on a '93 Exciter II ST... which ones?

Bronc_twister

I was looking at Simmons skis and their 3 different varitions. Gen 1's are 6 in wide, Gen 2's are 10 in wide, and the Gen 3 are 8 in wide. What do you guys think? Should I look into a different brand?

If I was doing them on an Exciter I'd probably go with the gen 1's. Those sleds don't really weigh anything anyway and the 1's are a good ski. If not the ones than the 3's. I'd skip the 2's on that sled as they are huge and would likely be overkill. I happen to have a set of 1's for sale in the classifieds if you need a set.

If I was doing them on an Exciter I'd probably go with the gen 1's. Those sleds don't really weigh anything anyway and the 1's are a good ski. If not the ones than the 3's. I'd skip the 2's on that sled as they are huge and would likely be overkill. I happen to have a set of 1's for sale in the classifieds if you need a set.

That's what I was kinda thinking, I almost bid on a set of Gen. 1's on eBay. They looked to be in pretty good shape, were blue and black, and came off a nitro. I decided to wait and that auction closed this morning. I'm leaning toward the 3's as I've read that Exciter's were front end heavy and had a tendency to dive and plow in the deep stuff. Other than around home here on the ranch (Elevation around 4,300 ft.), most of my riding will be in the Mountains (Cooke city, MT is closest). It has twin PSI pipes, a factory clutch, 136 track with 1 1/2 inch lugs (I believe). It rips pretty good but could use a lil tuning and tweaking as it's jetted for 3,000 ft. right now. I really appreciate the response and advice btw. What color are your Gen. 1's?

Ys exciters were front heavy but doo remember they don't with very much and just about any half reverb ski will do as i only pot a set pin mine from a skidoo rev
That's what I was kinda thinking, I almost bid on a set of Gen. 1's on eBay. They looked to be in pretty good shape, were blue and black, and came off a nitro. I decided to wait and that auction closed this morning. I'm leaning toward the 3's as I've read that Exciter's were front end heavy and had a tendency to dive and plow in the deep stuff. Other than around home here on the ranch (Elevation around 4,300 ft.), most of my riding will be in the Mountains (Cooke city, MT is closest). It has twin PSI pipes, a factory clutch, 136 track with 1 1/2 inch lugs (I believe). It rips pretty good but could use a lil tuning and tweaking as it's jetted for 3,000 ft. right now. I really appreciate the response and advice btw. What color are your Gen. 1's?

Working on putting gen 1s on my 96xt. I had to cut a rectangle on the saddle. Also had to put the router attachment on the dremell and take abit off of the plastic beneath where I cut the saddle.

Back