new Yamaha sleds problematic?

roudyroy1

just found this guy on youtube, seems to be running his 4 stroke machines out of Yellowknife where its real cold and boy does this guy ever have starting problems! it seems pretty sad that these machines aren't starting at -30c considering my 14 year old sxr still pull starts at -35c within 3 or 4 pulls..... is this common across these yamaha 4 strokes, or does this guy have a few lemons? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y_UKH_G0Ds

just found this guy on youtube, seems to be running his 4 stroke machines out of Yellowknife where its real cold and boy does this guy ever have starting problems! it seems pretty sad that these machines aren't starting at -30c considering my 14 year old sxr still pull starts at -35c within 3 or 4 pulls..... is this common across these yamaha 4 strokes, or does this guy have a few lemons? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y_UKH_G0Ds

Only common because Yamaha decide to hop in bed with arctic cat and give birth to the viper.Seems this deal with cat doesn,t permit the use of yamahas EFI system to be used by cat,even for the viper.So what your left with is arctic cats own electrical system on the viper.This is what yamahas sled division has been reduced to,having cat build your performance sleds to there standards:o|.

Last edited:
Ive been watching allens vids from almost the beginning their a good watch. I dies at the bear cat dilemma. I remember him saying he was afraid he was buying just another cat. Looks to me he did.

yeah ive just started watching just started watching them, give me a good laugh. i wonder if one of those earthx lithium battery's would fix his cold start problems? seems like the lead acid just isn't up to it.

and 2x on that, i swear majority of my riding last year was -30

Yup, that thing is awesome! Rough trails are well, rough lol. Very fun on a nice groomed trail though! That ol girl loves the cold...when it's really cold like that I'll dump a bit of oil right into the tank for a bit of safety! And it fires right up in the cold too!

Last edited:
First time using mine! built a trailer for it in my spare time, worked very well.
c3b1f45cd458cb0638f03139ec67f025.jpg

Last edited:
The problems Yellowknife (gofenka on YouTube) seem to have been addressed with the reflash for the ecu according to his latest episode but he is waiting until the real cold weather to confirm that it is good enough. He is a member on the 4 stroke side and has a milage thread started for this season already.

Lol -30c? That was almost bikini weather last season a few times. Fewer fair weather trail hogs out at those temps.

Got 100 km in on Betsy so far this season.

Thanks coop!

Yeah -30 was very nice compared to some days. I personally love running the trail in cold weather, the way the machine runs and hooks up is beautiful. About -25 and below is perfect.... Until you start running out of slider lubricant lol.

Man where I am we have brown snow on the ground..lol. Man would have been nice of santa to bring some of that white gold this way. Lakes aren't even frozen yet. Anyways Merry Christmas to everyone and a safe and happy New Years.

I love watching Allen's y2 videos, he has a way of capturing the essence of sledding and why we like it so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah he seems to capture a more realistic view of sledding, not just the riding, but what happens on the trail side stops and every thing in between

Back