The weather.............. what a difference from last year

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
This time last year our area was recovering from one of the worst ice storms to hit us since '98 and we also had some snow on the ground.This year the ground isn't froze yet,it's been mild and has rained over Christmas,but seeings how all we had for snow was about a half an inch it didn't hurt our snow cover.It looks like starting tomorrow night that the temps might actually be starting to drop so hopefully the ground will start to stiffen up.If I had the sleds ready to go and wanted to travel a few hours north I could actually go sledding but I don't,at least not yet.If we don't get some snow pretty quick I may have to re evaluate the situation.

Yeah....In the same boat down here as well. Farmers Almanac did say it was going to be a wet first half of winter and then snowy for the second half. We'll see what happens. Would be nice to have the ground frozen at least. Makes cutting wood a little better when the ground is frozen, not soaking wet after all the rain we've had recently. Glad I got the sleds ready to go but tired of looking at them just sitting there.

I just drove from fergus Ontario (where I live) to just north of Montreal....about 8hrs, only 2-3" here. What a joke and very depressing for the time of year! Normally Montreal has LOTS of snow by now...hardly enough to ride on though right now. But yes, temps are supposed to drop starting tomorrow and stay down....hopefully!

This time last year we had 2 - 4 FOOT everywhere.....already had 300+ miles in the groomer. 40+ degrees today and POURED RAIN ALL DAY! I have a lump or two left of snow banks that came in NOVEMBER! Grass as far as you can see for the last 3 weeks!

By January 8th last year I had put on Just over 1000km..... This year I have 20 and most of that is from spinning on a stand!

still no sign of snow to come here,but really cold now..into -40`s windchills tonight and next week and Sunny throughout the week.Probably no sledding this season the way it is turning out..stories going around that we are now into a drought season again.We had no rain last fall as well and the ground is dry..farmers are starting to worry now for the Spring seeding again.

Yeah last year was killer, except for the bitter cold. We were riding deep snow Christmas time last year. If the big lake hadn't frozen over we had the potential for a record snow year. They said with the weather patterns all winter we could of broken 400", as it was just west of here got 350"+.

Fortunately we have snow and the trails are in excellent condition, we got another 8" yesterday. Of course everyone and their brother is here cause we are the only ones with rideable snow but I'm certainly not complaining. We'll be heading to camp Wednesday for a few days of boondocking.

Yeah last year was killer, except for the bitter cold. We were riding deep snow Christmas time last year. If the big lake hadn't frozen over we had the potential for a record snow year. They said with the weather patterns all winter we could of broken 400", as it was just west of here got 350"+.

Fortunately we have snow and the trails are in excellent condition, we got another 8" yesterday. Of course everyone and their brother is here cause we are the only ones with rideable snow but I'm certainly not complaining. We'll be heading to camp Wednesday for a few days of boondocking.

..... Got another spot on the trailer for a stranger? AHAHA just joking. I'm heading north in search of snow... We will see what I come up with.

Lots of rideable snow here in the parkland area central Manitoba just no groomed trails opened yet

We had everything melt away in December and got a dusting this week. Looks like a big dump is coming over the Rocky's this weekend. I can hardly wait as I want to get out so bad.

This was around the back of the acreage this afternoon. Happy new years from the wild wild west!

IMG_7936.jpg

This time last year we were out in 3 feet of snow. Theres not a flake of snow as of today and bay still isnt iced over...

thats a ton of snow compared to us here.Farmers fields here are still showing black...can`t go down any ditch to hit the smaller river out here,but there are tracks on the River...damn!!!!

Looks like fun! Still looking at grass around here with no substantial snow in the future.

Back