srx stator issues?

clutch buttons have little wear.

When I bought this sled, I installed a 129 x 1.75" arctic cat snow cross track that I had laying around. To make this fit, I installed 7 tooth drivers (2.86" pitch). I geared this machine to 24/36, to get back top end I would have lost when installing the 7 tooth drivers.

Any chance this track is holding this machine back? I have installed a few 1.75 tracks on 4 strokes with no gear changes, and they worked well. Maybe need to lower the gearing which may help gain RPM?

Thoughts?

still using stock clutching with 47 stock helix. I have now installed new springs as well (stock primary and red secondary) but I will have to try this next year.

You may have a track tunnel clearance issue at higher track speeds as it balloons, as 1.75" is a lot of track on an SRX without relocating the suspension.
I think you would definitely not be able to run stud protectors.
The 7 tooth 2.86 drivers would give you an extra 1/2" clearance on the front heat exchanger compared to stock drivers but it is still going to be pretty tight with that 1.75" lug.
The 24/36 gears gives you a top speed of @ 107mph at 8500 with no overdrive. If you are drag racing a lower gear ratio may be worth a try.
22/36 gearing would still give you approx. 100mph top speed without the clutches going into overdrive.

id say carb setups wrong for your mods,wheres the screws at?wheres the needle at?new pilots and mains ?who did the heads or is it aftermarket?seems like improper squish 111 is low!!orings bad and leaking out the head? and modded airbox=running fat on low compression.just throwing it out there?and the power valves clean?and even though the servo is opening did you check for pull through at the valve itself?and freyed cables?just my 2c.

Last edited:
update. This summer I split the cases and inspected he bearings and crank for trueness. everything was good. Did some crank case porting while it was out and also replaced the crank seals.
Measured the cylinders for wear. All were in spec except the mag side which was .0008"large at the bottom of the stroke. Re-used the cylinders.
measured pistons. all were collapsed approx. .008". replaced the pistons.

changed the gearing to 24/38 from 24/36.

test drove today with stock clutching and new springs on both clutches. Machine ran excellent. would easily spike to 8500-8700 and would fall back to 8200 on a long pull. speedo went to 108ish mph on a long pull on hard packed snow.

I'm convinced the 1.75" track is holding back the rpm. I now know the engine is healthy. I will clutch this to pull up the RPM.

Back