The kid beat me this year!

mrviper700

VIP Lifetime Member
Well .....I didnt get one bigger then the kid this year, had this half decent 8pt walk up the hill and I dropped him in his tracks at 85yds with the muzzleloader this morning. He's certainly not what I was looking for but its gettin awfull late in the season (only 3 days left) to wait it out for a big one. I guess they all taste the same.. plus, he was the only deer I saw today...lol!

Time for some smoked slim jims!!

Second place isnt so bad when you lose to your own kid!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

I am happy I got one as its raining here today and for tommarrow, same forecast, the kill is down over 10,000 deer this year in the state. So alot of guys are not getting lucky.
Where I hunt there is huge ones walking around, check out this buck we found in the creek dead this year, thats a 32 inch door its resting up against, one of the biggest 8pts I have ever seen in person. What a shame....if you look at the eye sockets as to how big the antlers base is you can see he had huge mass.

Attachments

• 8pt in creek.jpg
    8pt in creek.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 54
I haven't shot a good buck 6-7 yrs now so your doing a lot better than me

Congrats bud!

Nice deer I never had a season this year. To much going on. Unfortunatly not in a good way.... Next year I plain on making up for it.....:)

Back