2002 srx DCS

YamahaSXR700

hey guys my srx has the DCS and it keeps flashing on WOT and the engiune is perfectly in good running condition its been rebuilt

go buy premium 93 octane and put in it,then if it still does it go buy octane booster or add a gallon of race gas to the tank and dump in, light wont bother you anymore! Your octane is too low. Todays gas is junk.

option 2-if you cant get anything else then jet it up some on the mains for the junk 91 octane fuel. It has 146.3 and 147.5 in it now stock go to 148.8 in all 3.

go buy premium 93 octane and put in it,then if it still does it go buy octane booster or add a gallon of race gas to the tank and dump in, light wont bother you anymore! Your octane is too low. Todays gas is junk.

I know its an old post but what octane in race fuel would one use.

Hopefully you cut it with some 91. nobody goes full retard unless you have a high compression setup. Otherwise your pistons will become rockets launching through your hood.. Id start with a 50/50 blend to start then tweak it from there. Race gas is like cocaine the more pure it is the more likely your heart (engine) is going to explode on contact

go up to 2001 srx jet spec. don,t bypass it unless its a race sled. 3:16x (yammie tony)

My bad i should of stated this is on my 04 viper, but my friend has the 02 srx and having the same issue so i will let him know, thanks tony. I have the 04 viper s with the dcs and the only thing i can find in my home town is 91 octane. I have cpr pipes with his jetting 160 pto and center and 162.5 mag with 50 pilots at 2 turns. Raised the needles where they needed to be. Took the viper out last week and after 70mph the light blinks. Not sure if its low octane or water in the tank. Yesterday i was in albany and got some 93 octane, emptied out the old fuel and put the 93 and a bottle of k100 in to eliminate any water. Just looking for other options if this doesn't fix it. Thanks guys

Hopefully you cut it with some 91. nobody goes full retard unless you have a high compression setup. Otherwise your pistons will become rockets launching through your hood.. Id start with a 50/50 blend to start then tweak it from there. Race gas is like cocaine the more pure it is the more likely your heart (engine) is going to explode on contact

no, race gas is the opposite of that, it resist burning, higher octane slows the burning where as for example 87 octane is more volatile. The lower the octane the more powerfull the explosion is. Race gas has higher octane to resist detonation. With lower octane you can make more power however you can not sustain detonation from happening, that's why you cant have a race engine on 87 octane... at least,, for very long!.

I know its an old post but what octane in race fuel would one use.

whatever you can get the cheapest will work fine,110octane is a common one (your just gonna use a little to cut the other gas with), you likely only need to be around 93-94 octane, so likely a gallon to 2 gallons in a full tank of 91 would put the light out. if you can get away with 1 gallon doing the trick, 5 gallons of race gas will get you 5 full tanks of riding if you add 1 gallon to a full tank fill up, that's a decent amount of trail miles!

some of the dcs sleds are more sensitive then others are. The cpr pipes like to make the vipers light go off. if your not willing to mix fuel then you need to lower the compression on the viper via machine the head or use a thicker headgasket.

On the srx I have just jetted them up as mentioned in my earlier post and used a good octane booster, no problems. I have done a few big bores on 02 srx and able to keep the dcs, those usually need some gas added to make the octane 93-94 minimum.

gonna play you gotta pay, but the gas is MUCH cheaper then pistons and cylinders!

no, race gas is the opposite of that, it resist burning, higher octane slows the burning where as for example 87 octane is more volatile. The lower the octane the more powerfull the explosion is. Race gas has higher octane to resist detonation. With lower octane you can make more power however you can not sustain detonation from happening, that's why you cant have a race engine on 87 octane... at least,, for very long!.

I had a buddy of mine put straight "blue" race gas we buy from the res, into a honda 250r stock 3wheeler and it ate itself within about 3 minutes at which point it started ejecting pieces from the inside of the engine to the outside of the engine and this was a fresh rebuild with about 250 miles on it. loved the way the fumes smelled as it was self destructing.

I had a buddy of mine put straight "blue" race gas we buy from the res, into a honda 250r stock 3wheeler and it ate itself within about 3 minutes at which point it started ejecting pieces from the inside of the engine to the outside of the engine and this was a fresh rebuild with about 250 miles on it. loved the way the fumes smelled as it was self destructing.

that's because the 250r is a 2 stroke and youd need to mix oil in with the gas, or yes, it will melt!

Back