Power madd replacement cables?

Kodman

So I put a taller rider on my 01 mountain max 700 and bought a longer set of powermadd cables and put it all together and burnt a crazy amount of oil, so I dug back in to fun the the cable on the oil pump wasn't working right and wouldn't let the oil pump close, is there any way to modify these cables to make them work right?

Not really. I had a set and ended up taking them off for that same reason. The only way you could really do it is to pull the oil cable from the throttle block and measure that distance. pull the old cable off and measure the free length of the cable from the nut flange to the ball end at the pump and preset the new cable to that same length. once you have it all back together pull the new cable out of the block and measure it for a reference.

how tall did you go? I have 6" risers with 3" fly mini bend bars and I'm running my stock 02 oil cable and a viper throttle cable run through the air box gap.

You will break your steering post off no doubt about it. Even the later sleds that are reinforced won't hold up. I did a t post adapter with adjustable risers and my 3.5" rise bars. I started out with 13" total rise and it was way too tall. I now have my risers collapsed all the way down to 5"

10" total rise for me is perfect. Im 6'3". Had 12" rise before that and it was to high. Snapped steering column off 3 times even after reinforcing. Using the updated column and reinforcing now.

I bought a set of Powermadd cables for my MM as well. I ran into the same problem with the oil pump cable not having enough stroke. Ì called Powermadd and they sent me another set, which was a bit better, but still not enough. I wound up carefully trimming the cable sheath at the adjuster joint until it matched the OEM cable for stroke. It is difficult to cut the sheath without damaging the cable, but if you are careful it can be done.

I bought a set of Powermadd cables for my MM as well. I ran into the same problem with the oil pump cable not having enough stroke. Ì called Powermadd and they sent me another set, which was a bit better, but still not enough. I wound up carefully trimming the cable sheath at the adjuster joint until it matched the OEM cable for stroke. It is difficult to cut the sheath without damaging the cable, but if you are careful it can be done.

Had to do the same thing.

Back