'98 Phazer SS ?

Apher

I picked up a Phazer SS (stock with a extra wide stance and electric start) for my 11yr daughter so ride.

But it has a problem. It will idle fine. But 98% if the time once you try to give it gas it will just die. If you flip up the choke it will go okay. I have rode it around the field in the back yard and if you are holding the throttle stationary. It will just start to fade down. Unless you choke it. If you pinned the throttle it will climb to full rpm. But as soon as you let off the throttle it will start to fade and will die if you do not choke it.

When I purchased it I though a good carb cleaning would fix it. (or not)

I pulled the carbs down and soaked and cleaned them in carb cleaner. cleaned and inspected each jet and reassembled. They looks surprisingly clean inside. I noticed that he sinc screw had the carbs way out of sinc. (I wondered if the old owner adjusted this screw trying to fix the issue). But the issue is still there. The fuel screw in the front top is out 1 1/8" turns out. Is this even close to the right position. (i am wondering if maybe they adjusted those)

I am lost. Any ideas I can try?

I finally figured it out. I found the pilot is suppose to be a 95 was a 40 the clutch cover had 90 wrighten on it. But i think they miss read it and thought they were 90's.

Back