Anybody have no lights or dash light initially on start up?

jgustman

2004 Viper S. Approx 4500 miles. Already checked/pulled the harness under the motor, and ohm checked the stator with no apparent issues. It has only done it a couple times when cold, no tach or lights then come on and stay on and no other issues, always runs perfect. I stumbled across one thread on a SRX with it being a lighting or control relay freezing up and then works once warm??? Hoping for an easy relay swap.

Most likely the relay, take it off and put it in a bag of rice or on a heat register overnight. It will be back to normal

I was told years ago that is normal, that the stator or a relay was cold and needed to warm up and only on the newer twin bulb sleds. like you mentioned only takes a few minutes and everything comes back on. my 2001 SRX did that twice in all the years i've owned it and it has never been an issue since. JMO but i wouldn't even worry with it until off season then if you really want too you could look into it then.

Not a big issue if that's all the issue is, it's my backup sled I originally bought for the Misses, but considering taking it on our trip to the UP next week instead of the Apex Rtx if the trails are beat up. The viper now has a few nice additions like a m-10 and Boss seat and Rox pivot riser, cobra track....and just sits there, feeling sorry for neglecting the viper and it will not beat me up as bad on the rough trails. I just don't want it to end up being a bad stator and wreck the whole trip...

It is the CDI freezing up. Pull it off and bring it inside for the night and put next heat register, Will dry it out and should be fine after that. Ive had to do this on occasion with my vipers. More so when the lake is a bit slushy and kicking up a bunch of water, slush then it gets cold at night.

mine does the same thing on occasion, it's been the relay located on the left panel above the foot rest. Next time it happens try smacking the panel with your hand and see if that works.

Hello all, my Viper is having dim lights, tach resets, dim back lights on pod, dim tail lights, and bogs down after slowing down and has to go back to idle before she will move again, and the lights brighten like normal after maybe 5 mins of running at 20-30 kmph, checked the harness, seems fine, going to check the stator and pick up after I get it back in the shed, and when I got her in 2013 she couldn't stay outside in anything other than. Minus 10 Celsius, she was a hanger Queen

Hello all, my Viper is having dim lights, tach resets, dim back lights on pod, dim tail lights, and bogs down after slowing down and has to go back to idle before she will move again, and the lights brighten like normal after maybe 5 mins of running at 20-30 kmph, checked the harness, seems fine, going to check the stator and pick up after I get it back in the shed, and when I got her in 2013 she couldn't stay outside in anything other than. Minus 10 Celsius, she was a hanger Queen

Id start with the stator too. My old one was getn picky when it came to tempurature before it gave out all together.

She was a hanger Queen alot, this year I put her out in the cold, now all dim, no switching between high and low beams, and no change in tail light, I guess I gotta check the relay and the regulator, after that then I guess replace the stator

Back