600 Venom leaking head gasket

Dozerike

I have put the engine back together and a slow drip of antifreeze remains from the head even before starting the engine.

I was wondering if any of you have experience with this issue. I have cleaned everything really well. The head was bought used but i took it to the machine shop and they said it was good and they would recommend not machining it.

A straight edge across the jugs shows nothing obvious. And all nuts were installed using the correct pattern and torques.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Was it a new head gasket? Either way if leaking without even running i would take it back apart just to make sure none leaked back into engine. If not new head gasket use copper spray on it!.

one piece base gasket. new gaskets all around.

I have taken it apart and tried cleaning it better and gone through two sets of gaskets already (75$ each)

I am leaving the pistons is such a place that the antifreeze that leaks into the cyl goes out the exhaust port. But there is none leaking in right now, just out.

Is copper spray an acceptable solution? reliable? safe?

The sled is going to be sold but i don't want to do something that isn't a good fix. I don't want to create a problem for somebody else.

Look for a crack or warp somewhere. If it's leaking now, it's only going to get worse when the system gets pressurized.
Is it just one cylinder, or all three?

Each time it seems to be three of the cylinders. I don't see any cracks or warps. Does it have to be the head? i dont want to have it machined or buy a new one only to have the same problem....

Is copper spray an acceptable solution? reliable? safe?
That's perfectly fine. Get the head gaskets very very warm on your garage heater. Then hang-em up and dust them 3 times. The heat on the gasket will make the CC flash off instantly and you won't have to wait for it to dry between coats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 24

Back