Vmax700sx weird/annoying issue out of ideas!

wallyturcotte

Here's the problem, starts on second or third pull but will only run on 2 cylinders, sometimes it will kick over to 3 after its warm, most of the time not, if I put the sled in a heated shop it will start and run on 3. Believe it is the clutch side(by using snow on exhaust) once sled is running on 3 it's fine for the whole day no problems. Tried moving the coils around... Same thing. Hooked a inline spark tester and all three were firing, carbs cleaned by me and then dealer double checked, any ideas or thoughts on what could cause this? Any info will help!
Thanks

Look at the piston top. Mine did that and not was base gasket and I burnt it down.

I tried switching the coils around, I'll try just switching the plug wires.
Maxdlx what am I looking for on the piston top?
It runs and works 100percent when the sled sits in a heated shop for an hour give or take that's what made me think it was a coil.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll get some new ones, I tested the OE caps with a fluke meter and I was getting 27. 33. .28 whatever that means
The meter only has one setting for ohm

Bought some hard boot NGK caps, dealer wanted $35 a piece for the OEM$ 10 a piece for the aftermarket, hopefully it fixes the problem,2 day 500- 600km run this weekend will be a good test.

Back