Understanding clutching

" I gotta see how those words were used in the original post".....I am pretty sure he used them as a tag to find them again in search feature. Now if you search "Dane Bread" original thread and this thread pop up. Metamucil.....for example, now that I have used that word when you search that word this thread should pop up.

I took a picture of my chart. I can take others if needed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 33
Where do you get one of these charts? That looks like it would be handy to have.

There was one on ebay while searching for clutch parts but I stumbled across it by mistake. It was a poster. I didn't look into it though.

Yeah I got the Dane Bread thing but how it got linked to a keyword for a clutch chart is what I wanted to see.
I can see your pics fine(maybe not the last pic, I like that one). Thats all in the dane bread area anyway, isn't it? I just didn't think the belt being down that little bit would cause that much spin and no hook-up. I didn't test sled today because as usual, I killed my back. It never hurts when I do something to it just the next day. It must be from putting sled on the dollies or something. I have a Drs appt next week so I'll let him get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:
I went to lake today for testing, It does accelerate better on the low end just not as much as I thought it would. There is 1 area where its smooth enough to hit 60mph, thats about it. That roller helix is on its way, finally.

Wow bud, after many years of playing with clutching I've decided to find what works for most people and run it...enjoy your sled and spend your free time with your family anything else...I've waisted so much time testing and tuning and yes it was fun but am at the point now I just wanna ride and do my maintenance...

Am running a www primary spring, stock 02 weights, 51/45 bender helix and green secondary spring wrapped at 70...this my was favourite overall setup and runs awesome...good mix of added top end speed and still great throttle response and back shift on the trails...tried a few lake race setups and they just didn't have the fun factor of this setup...this is the best compromise I could come up with for the way i ride!

Have fun dude, your on your way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also bud, can you pm me and I'll shoot you my email address?

Would really like a copy of that AAEN manual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have a very good basic knowledge of how everything works and ways to improve it or make it worse, There is 1 minor problem, it is almost the end of Jan and still not enough snow to ride but what we do have, maybe 3 inches of iced snow would be a perfect base for a good snowstorm. There weather ppl were talking about a possible ok snowfall Monday but now their saying rain, I spend 3 hours cleaning and checking thing on the SRX only, ran out of steam, come inside and lookup the weather and I guess I will let it sit again, Horrible winter here so far but the lakes are solid and I don't have a trailer, I could just ride to the boat launch but I don't think ppl want my sled tearing up their yard although if it snows 1 inch on top of what we have, I can get there. This season, with all sleds combined, I put 1 mile on.

Back