Heel clicker setup for mtn max

Are you going to baby it in the snow or are you going to let it rip? You can drive slowly with an aggressive helix too, if needed, if you have a stiff enough spring in the secondary.

It's going to be boondocked, so it can be doing calm powder turns or in the trees getting flogged, but mostly getting flogged. My big goal is to be at 8500rpm pinned in a climb or side hill getting on it.

This was when I was out riding last week when I decided I needed more clutching adjustability.

When I'd pin it in a powder turn or something it would come up to around 7500-7800 but not spring up to 8500 where I want it. It also looks like You can adjust the arm weight with the weights in the primary if I need to add them.

I'll just have to try it and see then. Does anybody know the name of the guy you talk to on the phone? I hate to keep calling him "him"

by the tuning guide for the mass its light, my current weights are 47.1G. This setup is 5.4g in the shoulder, which is close to the mass of a sxr which is 1.2 shoulder and 3.3 center. Either way I think that you can get the tuning bolts in and out with the weights still in the clutch so it's easy to play with it.

In theory it will have an aggressive shift curve because of the heavy heel but maintain peak rpm at full load in deep snow. Its all guessing until you find the combo that works I guess.

Got out to test today with the heel clickers, oh ma gawd! Talk about waking up the beast. I had to clearance the weights in the primary with a file, not a big deal but it took a little more time. That red spring is nothing to mess with. Good thing I had the longer bolts to get the cover down because nobody is going to hand compress that thing and get the stock bolts started.

First round of testing I was back with my 43 helix, was pulling around 8000 rpm until I fouled the pto plug. I almost think it burned up. I remember seeing something about BR9ES plugs having a fair amount of bad ones in the box. Cleaned it with brake cleaner and a wire brush before trying again. The plug was burned out internally. Went on another ride and came back with it dead and wet but clean from cleaning. Pulled comp just to be sure 130 across the board hot. Threw in a new plug for another try.

This thing is an animal now. Running the 43 helix at 80 wrap on a green spring and now I'm pulling between 8500 and 9000 wot in a steep climb and deep snow. It's amazing how much that extra 5000 rpm wakes up the animal. Very playful ski lifter. Too bad the seasons almost over, but I can't wait for next year. Probably got a few more rides in at the park then we're done.

Back