Engine Mods

gabbett1

I have a 97 700 SX and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a company like The Crank Shop or similar ever make a complete aftermarket engine for this sled or are we stuck to the products that modify the stock engine?

Union Bay made complete engines. I could buy a new sled before I could afford that engine and all of the accessories!
Some work on the original engine maks a huge difference and is a lot cheaper. Parts will be easier to get also.

I'm very familiar with what mods to that engine does. Mine used to be bored (800cc), arctic cat clutch, reeds, pipes, EGT's, etc... but it had to be tinkered with constantly. I would like to find something that is made to be 800cc and 170hp from the get go instead of doing a Frankenstein of the original motor.

Edit: It also looks like Union Bay isn't in business anymore...

Last edited:
I did some more looking for Union Bay stuff. Found these guys http://www.ftxmotorsports.com/. They used to be associated with Union Bay in some form or another. They don't make engines for older sleds anymore (understandable) but said there are lots out there that can be bought. Anyone know where one can find a UB 944 tripple? I looked on Ebay but had no luck at all.

Back