Smart purchase???

tippmannator

so my uncle called me up the other day iwth an offer to split the purhase of an 2005 polaris edge touring 800 2 up. Has just over 4000 miles and the seller is asking $2000. Anyone know what issues I should be looking for on this sled? I have a wife and three kids and this purchase would allow me to take the whole family out riding. Dont see how I can gonto wrong for $1000??

my buddy had one. blew up twice in same year. Exhaust valves liked to hit the piston. Replaced with a venture 600 now.

not sure what years, but I thought they had small crank end bearings that would cause issues

I suggest looking over the sled very carefully to see if it has any issues or signs of recent repairs. The seller may be trying to seel it fast to get a probelm off his hands. I am always very suspicious of "good deals".

How is the snow and trail conditions in Berlin this year? My son and I usually (but not this winter) stay at a house on Diamond Pond then make the tripdown to Twin Mtn. by way of the RR trail through Berlin. Awesome trails in that region.

Jim

most of NH is in great shape this year Jim. Pittsburg area actually hasnt been hit as hard as us here in the lakes region. that NEVER happens!

Back