cheap video cam???????

pete72

so I'd like to video some of my rides and don't have a helmet cam so what is everyone using??????? i know its never a good idea to go cheap but no way i can afford gopro and i see many on eBay that are similar but sure the quality is lacking. anyone try these? they can be had shipped for around $60 smackers.

I saw a Sharper Image camera like a gopro for ??, less then $60. Let me see if they still have it. They have it at some stores but I don't see a price. I'll get the numbers and you can see if you can find it locally. Its discontinued but some stores still have it on clearance.
Capture memorable moments with the Sharper Image HD action camera. Compact enough to take with you anywhere, this camera records video in remarkable full HD (1,080P). You can even mount it on your bicycle or helmet to shoot amazing action footage. Equipped with a high-resolution screen and a 120-degree wide angle lens, it records and plays sound with a built-in microphone and speaker. With a slot for a high-capacity memory TF card, its rechargeable battery provides hours of usage, while an HDMI port allows you to view videos on your computer or TV.

Max 12MP still image resolution
High resolution screen: 1.5" TFT
4x digital zoom
120-degree wide-angle lens
Built-in rechargeable li-ion battery
Compatible with PC and Mac
Built-in speaker and microphone
TF/Micro SD card slot (4 GB TF card included)
HDMI video out (cable not included)
Mini USB charging port
Includes HD action camera, waterproof case, bicycle mount, helmet mount, 4GB TF card, USB charging cable and user manual

Dimensions: 1" x 3.5" x 3"

Brand Name: Sharper Image

Sharper Image 1,080 HD Action Camera

Click image for a larger view. Hover to zoom in.

<>
<>

Sharper Image 1,080 HD Action Camera

Model Number: SVC430-8 | Menards® SKU: 3019951
Hope this helps, I'll see if amazon has it. Yes for $70 and only 1 left. It was cheaper at menards like $40 so see if you can find it at a local store. I will post a pic.
let me know if you find it and how it works if you buy it. I would have bought it if I didn't just buy my gopro.

Attachments

• sharper image cam.jpg
    sharper image cam.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 13
thanks for the leed viktory2k1. that's even nicer sounding then the ones i was looking at and found a bunch on eBay for under 60 shipped. wish there was a menards around me. i will keep you posted as to how it works when i get it. will order later today.

Gopro hero. Not hero 4 but just the hero. It shoots pretty damn good video and i believe its $99. With gopro you have lots of accessories available.

Its in store pick up only. Looks nice to me but as devinzz1 said, I don't think you can buy any accessories for that one but comes with a helmet mount and a few others. It was $35 when I saw it. I could see if I could locate 1 and ship it to you if you want.
Let me know, I'll just charge what the camera is and shipping.
Kind of an odd thing for menards to sell. I'm sure it can be found online for cheaper then amazon.

Last edited:
I tried the the sharper image camera I could not get it to work well. I ended up borrowing a go pro hero1 from a friend and loved it.

look for a used gopro. i have a hero 2 that i got with 2 cases, memory card, few mounts for 75$, amazing deal. not saying these deals happen all the time... but they do. keep your eyes open.

Wait till black friday and watch walmart and electronic stores for sales involving rebates....got a new gopro hero 3 last year for $100

Back