Mid-Range burble...

MonctonR1

Website
www.gixxer.20m.com
I am new to the Yamaha Triples so this may be normal, but I seriously doubt it...

When I am riding the sled, if I am between 1/4 and 1/2 throttle... The sled seams to not want to run decent... There is a loud burble and that is it, not acceleration. As soon as I open it up I am fine but the mid-range just doesn't seam to work... Is this a common problem or am I not jetted correctly.

All stock except 1 size down on all main jet's and a bender cannister!

Thanks

Billy

Lower your needles one notch. Did it to my 600 twin and that "burble" went away. Has better mid range acceleration too... sounds better too.... spartaSRX did this for mine.... I've been told by several members here that Yamaha sets their carbs up rich from the factory so they can offer the 3 year engine warrantees. Leaning them down a notch wakes them right up! It did for mine. My carbs are also down from 151.3 to 148.8 jets. But the previous owner (whom I know quite well) did this so it has a lot of miles on it since then... with no issues.

Last edited:
yea the reed stopper notch should take care of that if the needles are stock

the problem is the pto cylinder. The pto nozzle is 2 sizes bigger than the other 2 cylinders. If you're going to lower a needle do just that cyl. Drop it 1/2 a clip and you will notice a difference. It gets really bad when it gets over 30 degrees. I used to keep a B8 in the belt guard and when it got warm I would screw it in the pto on warm days. Clean it right up.

Back