Phazer II Moor Swap

Cherrypicker

Hope somebody can help me with this. I picked up a 1990 Phazer II, been sitting outside for years, fiberglass looks good, seat cover good, needed new wood,and track, suspension are workable, but crankshaft was set up. Never seen carbs so messed up, one of he butterflys woudln't even rotate. In any case I needed at very least crank rebuild, and set of carbs, found motor complete with carbs, primary but was damaged in shipping so I had to swap out the crankcase halves from the original. Now this replacement engine came off a 92 Venture XL, and I noticed that there is some kind of electrical "pickup" mounted to the fan shroud, that aluminum part that the fan is actually mounted in and the recoil attaches to. There is none there on the PHazer shroud., so my inclination is to mount up the Phazer shroud, assuming that the wiring on the Phazer doesn't accept the wiring from this pickup. My question is what is this electrical pickup??? I can't find it in any of the parts diagrams listed?

You need to use the shroud, stator and flywheel from your old motor. The newer venture/phazer stators will not work with your existing wiring harness on your chassis.That "pick up" as you call it is just that. It is the trigger coil for the ignition.

I have a mod motor for that sled. Ported polished. Have no use for it. You want it. $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back