Venture Clutching

crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Website
sledtoyz.com
Venture Clutching help

2000 Venture 600 with 3600 Km, stock track, reed stopper notch.

OK, I've been reading posts about the clutching issues that apply to the Vmax etc. and just want to make sure that what I've decided to do is correct. The sled revs to 9400 on glare ice(while moving, no studs) or powder. It was slightly better on HARD pack trail (you know, so hard that the sliders start melting) at 9300 RPM. The belt is about 800 Km's old and messures out at 34.3 mm (1.352") wide.

By what I've read, I should probably throw the 8ab's on there with the 2.5g rivets in the middle. That should at least get me close, yes???

Thanks, Ian

Last edited:

I have a vmax 600 deluxe which has a similar problem, I shaved the head, drilled the muffler, and put a helix in it from advantage, it is suppose to be the steepest avalbile which should help the top end rev. can't remeber the first angle but finishes on a 49 with a green spring. right now it shifts around 8500 then climbs to 8900 to 9000. the primary is stock weights and spring and 2.7grams in tip and stock in middle. any suggestions ,, I think the gearing is too low or weight profile is off.

Back