No spark on a Venture 700

Roger Andersen

I have a 2002 mod Venture 700 with some ignition problems. I used it a month ago. But when I was going to start it now I only have one spark when I start to crank it. I have done ohm-test on the stator (0,9 ohm on all phases) and pickup-coil (203 ohm). I have checked the keyswitch, TORS and stopbutton. All this is ok.
Anyone have any idea what can be wrong? Wiring?

I was just going to suggest that you check the wiring under the motor for rub throughs as it is a fairly common problem.

first thing to check is if the outside of the flywheel is rusty, then check the pick up coil.

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the wiring under the engine. This looked good. I have also changed the pick up coil, since I couldn't get the correct resistance from the old one. On the new one I have 200 ohm, and 1-2 volt output when turning the engine. I have read that the ohm-check is not a guarantee that the stator is ok? Maybe I have to try another stator? But I don't want to blow $200 on a New stator without knowing this will fix the problem.

No I don't have access to another CDI, so I have to buy the parts I need. Guess I just have to try another stator first, and then if that doesn't fix it, the CDI. Is there anything else that can be wrong? Like the condenser, or rectifier/regulator?

Back