sxr 500/700 project

is it an easy swap to put a 700 in a 2000 sxr 500 chassis?i have a line on a 2000 sxr 500 for $400.sled has 3,000 miles on it, and its mint.curious if anyone has ever done this,and is the suspension the same as the 700 chassis?

I don't think the cooling hoses line up. You would have to find a brake down on the sleds to see. Also have to swap over all electrical for the 700 as well CDI.

i have a 700 engine with a bad crank bearing that came in a parts sled i bought,thinking about having it rebuilt, and put it in a 500 chassis if the suspension is the same.also have the complete 700 all dissasembled.the guy was gonna part it out, but i bought the whole sled allready apart

Could you rebuild the 700 sled? You should be able to use the 500 for parts sled to rebuild the 700. Suspension should be the same depending on the year. If you use Partzilla you should be able to cross refferance the parts

Sleds and suspensions are the same unless you have an XT which will have bag shocks and no bearings on the shock ends. The coolers are the same just the hoses are different. Wiring harness will need to be changed. Are both single headlight sleds ? That will make a difference.

i could rebuild the 700, but i would rather save the parts for my 700,the 500 is cheap for the milage, and is mint shape.less wear and tear.both sleds are 2000 sxr,identical exept the engine, and electrical.would like to have the parts motor rebuilt, and put it in the 500 chassis.curious if the clutches are the same?

You will need to change the parts from the 700 into the 500 clutch. Otherwise you would have the wrong engagement and RPM range

Back