Now Im Pissed!!!

didnt say anyone gave me inaccurate info. always appreciate all info given. When I did ohm the viper grips it was less than the stock or orignal ones. so hopefully be good..

yami1 said:
didnt say anyone gave me inaccurate info. always appreciate all info given. When I did ohm the viper grips it was less than the stock or orignal ones. so hopefully be good..

Someone else could correct me if I'm wrong here, but less ohms means less resistance so more current would be needed to get the same amount of heat. That would mean taxing your system more. I think. Just thinking out loud here...

HMMM!!! then maybe I better recheck the grips. I had my thinking a$$ backwards. Was thinking less resistance was a good thing. Just from the 20o miles I have put on they dont get as hot as other grips. But then again ,thats why Im no wiring engineer. Thanks for heads up. When I get home will recheck.

Dont quote the numbers as this is off the top of my head. Viper grips ohm out at about 1.6 each/3.4ohm in a series. The old grips ohm out at about 3.2 each and 6.4 in a series. So the viper grips use about twice as much power but do get much hotter then the stock grips obviously. This is why i went to LED tail lights on my 98xtc with the old 175 watt system to help make up the difference of the bigger draw of the viper grips. Can change headlight out also to help even out the draw. Bonus on my xtc was the grips and thumb are now about equal in heat. No more cold hands and burning thumb.

Well maybe I will be 10_4 cause I have also put in a led tail light. Its one for a trailer that i retro fitted in seat and have led gauges. Have done dual headlight convert but have 35 watt plasma . Was reading one forum who went to apex bars and he wired in parralel instead of series. Would this help???

Back