Ontario TY Ride

BigRed700

I would like set up a possible TY ride in Ontario. Maybe in the Madawaska/Bancroft/Barry's Bay/Whitney/Haliburton Area.
I stayed at the High Country Lodge last season and it was great. I know they can hold a bunch of people.
It would be around the first week of March, possibly the 29th of Feb to the 3rd of March.
If anyone is interested let me know so we can start seeing the numbers.
Thanks.
Mike

Mr Sled: I would definitely need some help and guidance on setting this up...Thks

Last edited:

interested, but can't confirm yet as I don't know what my work schedule will be like. If this gets some traction here we should cross germinate it to the 4-stroke side aswell.

I could be in as well, depends on what week our group picks.

I can't believe the rates for that place you mentioned, its says 2004 pricing on the website but they must still be close to that. Those are real good.
http://www.highcountrylodge.ca/index.php

For those of you interested in figuring out how long a drive you're looking at:
45.389500, -77.927630 should be very close to the co-ordinates of your destination. Copy and paste them into google maps and have at it.

Buffalo,NY = 5hrs 22mins
Ottawa, ON = 3hrs 4 mins
Windsor, ON = 7hrs 24mins
Flint, MI = 7hrs 29mins
Appleton, WI = 14hrs 58mins :)

Last edited:
When we stayed there last year It cost us $60 (I think) a night. I know that they will give us a group rate as well. Depending on where we ride we can find accommodations anywhere.
Just a reminder...For the people that come up from the states or out of Ontario, will require a trail permit. The price for a 3 day permit is 90.00 (I know ouch!!!) The only other permit is a yearly one for 230.00 or 180.00 if bought before Dec 1st.
Would be great if you could make it Mr Sled...

my cottage was on that lake, just around the bay that the trail from that lodge to the lake leads to. It would make a great spot for a ride.

I might be in. I can also help with trail passes for out of towners (I'm a warden and former Director).

im definatly in. im not far from that area. pick a date and ill be there. if you nedd any help with this just let me know and ill help in any way that i can.

Nice i think we might have around 19 people so far with a few maybe's. This ride is starting to get good. Winter can't come soon enough. :letitsnow

BigRed700 said:
I would like set up a possible TY ride in Ontario. Maybe in the Madawaska/Bancroft/Barry's Bay/Whitney/Haliburton Area.
I stayed at the High Country Lodge last season and it was great. I know they can hold a bunch of people.
It would be around the first week of March, possibly the 29th of Feb to the 3rd of March.
If anyone is interested let me know so we can start seeing the numbers.
Thanks.
Mike

Mr Sled: I would definitely need some help and guidance on setting this up...Thks

If you are planning a ride in that area, PM me and I will give you a hand. I'm a volenteer and director with the Maple Leaf Snow Skimmers and ride there all winter.

Last edited:

Back