Ontario TY Ride

North bay ride!

I have done the northbay ride before, from huntsville, hailburton would probabily be a couple extra hours. It was an easy 5 hour ride from deerhurst. Great ride. Fun to stay one night there and ride back. Might have to split up group and ride different ways to keep everyone happy. Lake nippising is worth a visit if it is frozen. Is that where the drags are happening?

I talked with a friend up in Bancroft today and he told me that there is only an ice base left in that area. I will call the Lodge tomorrow and ask how much snow they have. I am supposed to go up there in the middle of February so I will know first hand what the trails are like. As far as changing the dates, not sure, I will need to see if I can take some leave.
Lets hope for snow.

Bigred, a group of guys at work are looking to go as well, but now snow anywhere so if you get the scoop on snow, pm me I we will make this ride our trip this season...as of now we are all a little down & bummed out...cheers
P.S. we have 2 vipers, 1 viper s, 1 doo & 2 poos...are the other brands welcomed on this or is it yam specific...cheers

Any brand is welcome as far as I am concerned. My usual riding buddies all ride doo's....No accounting for taste.. LOL...just kidding, 2 of them are coming.

I didn't get a chance to call today but i will try to call tomorrow. Working Midnights and only going on about 4 Hrs sleep in the past 2 days...
Mike

Conditions are all icy right now and the trails are temporarily closed due to grooming issues. It is supposed to snow this week....lets hope

Last edited:
Hey Big red.
We got a good foot of snow this week. Groomers are out again packing the trails and final grooming some.
We should get the dates and location figured out soon so people can start booking rooms and making travel plans.

cheers,
Rick.

Going to do ride!

Just wondering what happened to this ride. I know the snow levels are low in the central ontario area. Maybe they will bounce back for march. Could always book into the haliburton wildlife forest for a day or two.

Hi everyone,

I called the High Country Lodge and Tentatively booked the weekend Starting Friday 29 February to Sunday 2 March. If you stay 2 nights (Fri and Sat) it will cost 125.00 for both nights. That includes supper Friday, breakfast and supper Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. We can stay Sunday night if we want but there of course will be another days charge. ( 613 ) 637 -5278

If you want to book it all you have to do is call the Lodge and tell them you are with the Totallyamaha ride and of course give your CC number to hold the room.
So far I have a couple of friends of mine going up there with us.

Last year another group of us from the local club stayed there and it was great. I am going up this coming weekend and will let you all know what the conditions are like when I am back to work next Tuesday.

After anyone books it let us all know. Look forward to meeting all of you who are comming

I assume this is the place:

http://www.highcountrylodge.ca/

I'll be in the area the week before(16th-23rd) so I can give a general report on conditions at the end of that week. I won't be able to make it back there for that weekend so I hope everyone has a good time.

I would suggest you guys make this the 'regular' date and location, at least for a couple seasons and you have some regulars. or the place gets too small :) .

this sounds like a fun ride, but bein from quebec, it's gonna make things kinda pricy, having to buy another pass.... $250 plus another 90 for a weekend pass... grrrr why can't they make an interprovincal pass.....

Guys should do a role call for the area. I will be away that weekend in Collingwood but I will try to get the trails shaped up for you guys. Any other help you need let me know.

It seems nobody is interested in this. Due to lack of interest we will have to cancel the Ontario ride for this year.
Maybe next year we will try to get this together earlier in the season and give more notice.

Great riding to all and hope to see you on the trail.

Ride hard and play safe!!!

Mike

Back