Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SXVenom Build - Running Log

Good to hear the bearings in that center shock work well . Do you mean new bushings in the lower W arm mounts, or is there a way to get bearings in there too?

Senior Member Open Mod roudyroy1's Avatar

yes bushings, i almost guarantee that they have turned to dust. drill and tap grease fitting into the lower mounts. it will make them last alot longer, then replace with new bushings and shim them if necessary
    a wise man from canada once told me
    "there are only 2 types of sleds. 2 STROKES and 4 JOKES" !!!

Well I didn't work on this nearly as much as I wanted this year. I should be getting the rebuilt shocks back from Hygear tomorrow. I also bought a 3" block riser to get the height back when I put the MX bars on. Should end up around 1/2" taller than stock bars. Powermadd suggests cutting the nub off of the stock lower bar clamp so it sits flush on the riser, think I'm just going to put the riser on the drill press and drill a hole down for the bar clamp to sit into instead. I'd rather keep the stock components unmodified.

I cut that nub off all my sled with risers. Not needed and never was a problem.
    2002 Yamaha SXViper - Daughters
    E-start, reverse, extended to 144" with cobra track. Awesome EdgeWrap in purple and pink!!

04 Yamaha SXViper S - Extra
    E -Start, reverse, Ohlins all the way around, Extended to 144", cobra track! Cant get rid of this sled just yet!!

2016 Yamaha SRViper LTX-SE - Wifes.

2017 Yamaha SRViper LTX-LE - Mine

THE VIPER PIT IS NEVER COMPLETE! Bipolar!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12