Thoughts on this Performance Upgade Package

duwem

Found used with claimed 600 miles at a "decent" price:

Bender 4x4 Pipe
Bender Can (silencer)
V Force 3 reeds
Bender "single pipe" clutch kit (primary and secondary springs, secondary helix)

Looking for a mild upgrade for trail riding and drag racing buddies, for my 04 Viper S, not looking to go to triple pipes.

Is all/some of this a good idea?

Have read the 4x4 pipe works good with the stock silencer. Can may sound better if not obnoxiously loud (bender claims 2db higher than stock)
Have read the stock reeds work decent, maybe the v Force would be beneficial with the pipe?

btt for you at least.

i do know back when my brother put a can on his viper, the only way we could get the rpms to say consistant on back to back pulls was to wrap the can with header wrap as we figured out it was cooling off too much on the 1st run to hold the rpm on consecutive runs. got into 4 strokes not too long after but i figure ceramic coating the pipe and can will help with that problem.

For a good price sounds good. Not a lot of those who uses around but make sure you check with bender on any jetting changes needed. I was going to try this exact set up but never got around to doing it.

Bender 4x4 Pipe
Bender Can (silencer)
V Force 3 reeds
Bender "single pipe" clutch kit (primary and secondary springs, secondary helix)
Looking for a mild upgrade for trail riding and drag racing buddies, for my 04 Viper S, not looking to go to triple pipes.
Is all/some of this a good idea?
Have read the 4x4 pipe works good with the stock silencer. Can may sound better if not obnoxiously loud (bender claims 2db higher than stock)

Use pipes w/ stock or stock drilled can
V-farce reeds are thee laaaaast reeds I'd use. I'd definitely use stockers before those chipping b@stards!!

Close up of clutch kit. Bender says hole 6 on helix 2 on clutch.
E6AE421B-CBCD-4754-98FE-20A453D08455.jpg
CC2FC9DB-C67F-4CA4-AF66-029CA95BBB31.jpg
EE19D977-B213-4C01-A974-B98BCA06B764.jpg

be careful that 3rd picture of that helix looks like a different make if its not the right angles kit might be off. it looks like a micro-belmont to me

Drilled can does not apply to viper and I would run can that came with pipe. Clutch kit not sure of, I would check again with who you bought it from if that’s what he ran. Also with that pipe/can combo the reeds will be a nice upgrade. As couple of bucks said check them over close to check for cracks or chips. I ran v force on my piped viper and never had a problem, the stock reeds will work also, personal choice.

Seller says he got the kit from bender. Maybe for the single pipe/stock stuff they just sell someone else's parts? I emailed bender and will send them the pictures when I hear back.

Yep, I would be shocked if that was a bender helix.
Only way I could see it if it was engraved on the inside with the bender number, and someone else stamped the outside of it with (incorrect) numbers.
Bender used a 51/43 with their triple pipes. At least, that's what they claim.

Last edited:
Benders are engraved on the inside, that one is outside.
Poor angle for the pipes there.
That's right ..... under the bushing. Usually all you see is the kit/Bender #. I.E. ...... 9770 etc etc.
And yes, that 45* finish angle will not be taking advantage of 9100 RPMs. He'd be better off w/ the 48/42 angles of an 8BVFA. But there is room for angle improvement over that.

Speaking of that bushing, I zoomed in on picture #2. Is the bushing completely intact. It looks worn or chipped up. And it might just be gunk.

I noticed the bushing didn't look so nifty when quick looking at it, need to inspect it more.

Bushing isn’t perfect
Also primary spring has orange spray paint on it. Seller said he got it the way new.

5ACAF6CE-144E-4C68-BE1F-504AB2313333.jpg
E27AAAC1-5C5B-4E47-ACA1-E0C3D5CBA989.jpg

be careful that 3rd picture of that helix looks like a different make if its not the right angles kit might be off. it looks like a micro-belmont to me

Where do I find info on micro Belmont. Google isn’t helping much.

I posted a helix a year ago or so and yammiegod3:16 responded with it being a micro-belmont. You could try to send a pm to him. In my researching i found them helix's being almost like hauck. 2 degrees less on each end so for example 51-45 would be closer to a 49-43.

That's right ..... under the bushing. Usually all you see is the kit/Bender #. I.E. ...... 9770 etc etc.
And yes, that 45* finish angle will not be taking advantage of 9100 RPMs. He'd be better off w/ the 48/42 angles of an 8BVFA. But there is room for angle improvement over that.

Bender confirmed that is there kit. 2 yellow springs, primary with orange stripe. That is the Bendix angles they would have used for the single pipe. Said when they were really busy someone else manufactured them for them.

In regards to the 9100rpm, is that for triple pipes? I got the single pipe. Forgot to ask what rpm to clutch for with this pipe. They also mentioned 4.5-6.1 gram rivets as part of the kit, previous owner said he didn’t get those. Might be more a rider weight/preference thing?

Last edited:

Back