SC10 2 into SRX

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I have an SC10 2 from an MXZ chassis and am about to tackle the project of grafting it into my SRX and luckily my bud has an MXZ 800X to take the hole measurements from.What I would like to know is will I need drop brackets for the rear mount location or is the proaction tunnel deep enough to drill the new hole without getting into location issues.I briefly looked at my buds sled the other day but didn't have a tape measure with me so I don't know right off what I'm in for.Has anyone else done this before that could answer this for me?

I think you need drop brackets. I tried a SC10III in a viper without drop brackets and you couldn't get any ski pressure. Drop the suspension and make a template from your buddies skid, make sure the year models match skid and sled unless you can verify with doo guys you have a match. Trust me dropping the suspension is worth the trouble for the measurements, doos are really easy to drop. You can use the CB performance drop brackets, but I think the rear shaft on that skid is 1.5" dia, it was on the SC10III anyway. So you have to have someone mill the slot larger in the CB bracket if you use it and it works great. Let me know if you need anything else, I can get you pictures if you need them.

I put a sc10111 in my srx last weekend.found the sled does not sit to high in the rear end at all using the origanal rear washers on the tunnel.I have yet to try it so i cant give you any feedback on that but can give you a fast way to install.Remove rear washer put behnd washer on one side drill do other side.measure231\2 from that hole to the front on the inside of tunnel mark.Remove front brackets from the sled and set them on the top of the ledge that holds the tunnel coolers,centre over your mark and drill\rivot.Strap skid down to 231\2 and install.You will notice the rear holes are larger than the front as well.Vipers set higher so that could be the reason for drop brackets.

I think the problem ViperTreats had wasnt that it sat to High, but just the oppisite. The more you drop the rear mounting bolt (not the rear of the sled), the more ski pressure you will get.
Think of it as 3 pressure points, 1) ski spindle 2) front of rear Skid 3) Back of rear skid

Keeping the geomotry between those three is the Key to proper mounting.

The the higher (in the tunnel ) you mount the rear (#3) the less ski pressure, the sled will essentialy teter toter on point #2. The lower (below the tunnel) you mount the rear, the more ski pressure. All the weight of the sled will be on the skis and rear point(#3).

Good luck

Last edited:
So long story short i would say no drop brackets needed for a srx but a viper being 3 or so inches higher in the front yes you do need them.The measurements i gave have been tried on a half dozen srxs so we have good placement.

I will snap some pics this week.Was out on the trails today trying it out whiteout conditions from the storm in the fields,and big 3 to 4 ft snow drifts in the old raillines.First impressions were the sled still handles as well in the corners and does not kickback at you when hitting any sucker bumps.

I got out on the viper with the SC10III a little on the lake, but no trails. I just got some pics also, I will post em sometime. So far so good. I think I like the height so far, doesn't feel tippy. I don't think it hooks up too well, not sure if it is a weight transfer thing, or just time for a new track, or conditions on the lake, etc. so many factors...

Pictures...

Attachments

• SC Skid 1.JPG
    SC Skid 1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 198
  • SC Skid 2.JPG
    SC Skid 2.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 303
  • SC Skid 3.jpg
    SC Skid 3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
VT i think the transfer block should be flipped over there should be no gap at the front when no wieght is on the sled.That might help.I ran mine on the trails today and was very happy with the ride.I cant believe how close it is to a good setup proaction.It will still rail around corners and not feel to cushy when doing so.[not tippy at all].I cant say it sucks up the bumps like a 12" skid will but there is a peace of mind knowing that you are not hurting it when big slammers are pounding the sleds ride.Transfer and hookup is very good but have not got it on ice yet.

Hey rickster lets see....to lazy for pics just wana ride..ate to mutch...and as soon as you say haliburton lake is frozen over.I will snap some tomorro now that i know the switch was worth it.Get that new appex to the bar yet?

Actually havn't been ridin too much yet. Couple hundred miles or so.
Had a couple good runs down airport rd and 25th side rd the other day. Saw 110 on speedo once and 112 on speedo another time.
Ran out of room had to start letting up. My spedometer gear has two teeth ground off.
Peter (the guy i bought it off) says its bang on with gps. We'll find out this winter at the lake runs with the gun.
I need a good long haul on the lake to really see what she'll do!
C YA,
Rick.

Why is the Ski-doo suspension soo much better?? I am fairly new to Yamaha but I do not understand the need to change skids. I ride fairly aggressive but by no means am I a sno-X racer and find the stock suspension to be just fine over the rough stuff. Maybe I do ride like a puss y?? Or is it needed for the fatter guys out there? I am about 200lbs. and feel the OEM susp. is just fine. Can someone please educate me on the benefits of putting Ski-doo parts on a Yamaha.

Most of the other mfgs sleds do ride better than our older yammies.
Especially the srx's. They are made to rock on the lakes and the GROOMED trails, which they do very well.
Some guys that are getting up there in age like bluewho need the extra suspension to keep up to the younger more aggressive riders! LOL!
Sorry Len!LOL!
Nobody on haliburton lake yet.
Just talked to Brad and Maria(actually June called them b/c i hate the phone) they said no way yet. Barely covered over.
I will call them in a week or so to see how we are doin for ice.
Cheers,
Rick.

Here it is
IMG_1186.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg

Back