SC10 2 into SRX

I just put wider bars on it today shure i could use them.
IMG_1188.jpg

wantsnow said:
Why is the Ski-doo suspension soo much better?? I am fairly new to Yamaha but I do not understand the need to change skids. I ride fairly aggressive but by no means am I a sno-X racer and find the stock suspension to be just fine over the rough stuff. Maybe I do ride like a puss y?? Or is it needed for the fatter guys out there? I am about 200lbs. and feel the OEM susp. is just fine. Can someone please educate me on the benefits of putting Ski-doo parts on a Yamaha.

You don't realize how much better of a ride it is until you change it.Pretty much everyone I know that rides hard has broken a famous yamaha w arm or two,three.

With the other skids the free up the the rolling resistance making the sled faster and better gas milage.They make the sled alot more plush in the stutters and take the big stuff alot better.The guy's that took there proaction's out of there rx1's and put in sc3's said they ride better then yamaha 136" mono suspension in there attack's.I just installed a polaris skid in a xtc.I will post results and pics after i get some miles on it.I have an extra sc3 skid out of a 2005 rev if interested with right around 1000miles on it.

Hey Blue thanks for posting the pics it clears up a few questions I had for ya on the bolt holes.In one of your previous posts you mentioned the quick way to do the holes and the rear one is a piece of cake but the front one is a bit unclear.You state to measure 23 1/2 from the rear hole to the front and mark the distance then use the inside bracket to find the actual hole location from there by placing the bracket,I assume here,on the foot boards,or at least even with the bottom of them if doing this on the inside of the tunnel and use the 23 1/2 mark to find the right spot correct?Another thing is about strapping the skid down to 23 1/2";could you explain why you do this?

Fourbarrel the skid must be pulled down to 231\2 to duplicate the mounting holes from the sled it came out of.The pressure is needed because of the coupleling link that is hooked from the front w arm to the rear shock.It sets a preload on the coulpler for transfer.Measure on the inside of the tunnel from the rear hole you made.Remove a front bracket[drill out the heads of three rivots and grind the base of one rivot from the inside]set the bracket on the inside of the tunnel on top of the little ledge that holds running board coolers.

Thanks Blue,makes sense after you just explained it that you'd have to preload the skid when it gets installed.One question that I forgot to ask before is how did you come to start from the rear when you make the first hole and measurement?Is this the way you found it easiest to do the install?I'm not criticizing your instructions at all as I'll be doing it this way for sure I'm just curious how you come to use this method.I know of a few other SRX's in my area and I'll be hanging onto these instructions in case they decide to change their skids too.Thanks again for all your patience with all the questions.

Well i got lucky.....like i said before somebody else gave me the specs[ty members also] i think this is the best way to describe\install.sent you a pm 4b its not a pig of a job so dont be chicken to try it.

Can any of you guys supply the dimensions needed and or how you build drop brackets or whatever. I need to mount a SC3 in my brothers SRX and want to here from you guys that have done it... thanks

bluewho said:
I put a sc10111 in my srx last weekend.found the sled does not sit to high in the rear end at all using the origanal rear washers on the tunnel.I have yet to try it so i cant give you any feedback on that but can give you a fast way to install.Remove rear washer put behnd washer on one side drill do other side.measure231\2 from that hole to the front on the inside of tunnel mark.Remove front brackets from the sled and set them on the top of the ledge that holds the tunnel coolers,centre over your mark and drill\rivot.Strap skid down to 231\2 and install.You will notice the rear holes are larger than the front as well.Vipers set higher so that could be the reason for drop brackets.

Tom not shure if you missed the dimensions

Can someone supply some pics and or a drawing the mounting, so I am 100% sure of the position. Or Ryan, maybe you could come give us a hand and then I know it will be in correctly.

I'm with Tom here.
This isn't clear to me at this point.
Have a SC3 I want to put in my Warrior, but am need of dimensions.

Usually you need the following dimensions:

From Drive Shaft to front skid mount.
From front mount to rear mount. (Believe you are saying this is 23 1/2")
From inside top of tunnel to front mount. (Believe you are saying this is 5 1/2")
From inside top of tunnel to rear mount.
(These dimensions are usually from the donor sled and duplicated on the project sled.)

I take it the 231/2 is actually 23 and 1/2 inches between the two skid mounting points front to rear and center to center?
And maybe 5 and 1/2 inches down from top of tunnel to center of front mount?
And this 5 1/2" drop is measured on a semi-circle with a radius of 23 1/2"?

Is this a 121" skid?
Can you get me the measurements from the center of the drive shaft to the front and rear mounts? (or even the rear edge of the drive shaft would work.)
Can you get me the measurement from the top of tunnel to the rear mount?

Let me know if I am on the right track here!
Thanks! :)

your right your right.....121 skid coupled [pulled down with a ratchet strap]to the doo measurement off of the donor sled.The only thing you are missing is the back measurement[that is the most important for track adjustability and is the yamaha side tunnel washer bolted behind the other one as said in the pic.So i work from the back to the front.Hope this helps

What has been posted is only good for SCIII that do have a cross shaft front arm. We installed a SCIII in a srx from a Rev and you will need to grind the front brackets and move them forward to maintain a 25 1/2" center to center with 1/2" preload.

Front holes are aprox 8 3/4" from drive axle, 4 3/4 down from inside tunnel, 25 1/2" on center with 6 3/8" down in the rear.

remember if you are going in a rx based sled you measure from the bottom of the tunnel protectors down not the top of the tunnel. I know yu guys are talking srx, but I saw one post on a warrior. It won't work from top of the tunnel on them. Maxdlx

So I am installing a SC10 III (sc10 3) in my viper. Came out of a 2003 MXZ.

Front mount 5.5" down and ?? back from flats on driveshaft
Rear mount is ?? down and 23.5 back from the front mount.

Is this post dead or is there any more info on this. I am installing a skid from an 03 rev into a 00 srx and still see a bunch of different measurements listed on here for this. Thanks

Well, this is from a 03 rev 121. It has the front cross bar mount not the offset front mount. It is and adren skid.

Back