Need more low end. 1990srv mod

get you clutch issues taken care of first and them throw a set of A-25 or A-24 (have to look in my notes ) comet weights in it with a cat yellow green spring ......if you make the move to the 40mm carb I can walk you through the set up with jetting and such and the rest of the conversion to retain the oil injection and have it look like it was factory installed

We'll guys I am almost there with all the parts to start this upgrade. I got the secondary 11 inch 88r series. Cat 40 mm Mikuni carb. Cleaned up nice. The track came in the other day . Now trying to track down the cables set up. Called all around no luck yet. That's where I stand so far.

Sent from my iPhone

We'll guys I am almost there with all the parts to start this upgrade.
I got the secondary 11 inch 88R series.
Mikuni VM-40 carb from an Arctic Cat cleaned up nice.
The track came in the other day .
Now trying to track down the cables set up.
Called all around no luck yet.
That's where I stand so far.
:WayCool:

It's going to be funny because I never done a carb switch before. Is this what guys are say to get. A throttle block? Can't find one. So I am thinking of modify something likes this.
04937ff51245f8949445ed4f8ed5a5e9.jpg
a469d3d64377f275be17c7869800301f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks. I was way off. That what happens when you have to much time on your hands. So buy that and splitter. One cable to carb and the other to oil pump. What did you think of my set up I was making?thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-LEVE...-01-/171723372296?hash=item27fb82b708&vxp=mtr This is a throttle block, This block has a provisions for the oil pump AND throttle cables. The block and lever accepts both cables. Also, a pre 1993 block will have the correct kill switch plug for your SRV. Part# 84M-82720-00-00 The block in the link I have here will work, but you would have to change the kill switch guts or splice the plug from your existing throttle block.

Last edited:
Wow that's a lot of money. But if that's what I need I will get it. Do you have a oil cable or will mine work. And did you see my home made set up I posted ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Yep, I saw your set up.Im not exactly sure where you going with it, but we'll get you set up right. I do have an oil pump cable. Yours will not work. I have been thinking about your throttle cable too. I think I would try an exciter dual cable, with one cable removed at the split. I'll hopefully have time to mess around in the shop this week and I'll see if that will actually work. I have an entire exciter I will sell you that has everything you need for not much more than what that throttle block is listed for. just a thought.

Ya that might work. I was determined to make something work. I bet it would work. I would just run a splitter cable to that connection so when you hit the throttle it wood pull the oil cable. I get crazy like that. Never new what a throttle block was I thought it was on the carb.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks. I was way off. That what happens when you have to much time on your hands.
So buy that and splitter. One cable to carb and the other to oil pump.
What did you think of my set up I was making?
Personally I would make it even easier...
...I would run Pre-Mixed fuel and not use oil injection.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-LEVE...-01-/171723372296?hash=item27fb82b708&vxp=mtr
This is a new Yamaha throttle block, This block has a provisions for the oil pump AND throttle cables.
The block and lever accepts both cables.
Also, a pre 1993 block will have the correct kill switch plug for your SRV.
Part# 84M-82720-00-00 The block in the link I have here will work, but you would have to change the kill switch guts or splice the plug from your existing throttle block.
Just a thought...
...could that throttle block pull the VM-40 carb throttle all the way --> WOT ?

Ya I was thinking about that. Because last year my 87 blew up because the pump . I am thinking also using the oil jug as a extra gas storage tank?

Sent from my iPhone

...another possibility is to look for a used/new throttle block and throttle cable from a sled that originally came with VM-40 carbs.
That way everything already fits.

Example:
* Arctic Cat Wild Cat-700
* Arctic Cat ZR-700

Back